Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As expected window glass stop had fallen off one side. The inner one. Problem is, previous owner must have worked on this and removed it. It is not in the bottom of the door. Not sure where to find one. Maybe make one? Also, while in there I removed the front adjustment nut and l bracket and now don’t know if it goes back in with the L part on the top or on the bottom. Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
5,146 Posts
Any input?
Not really, but there is a detailed thread somewhere on here. Salvage yard may have the parts, if not MB Dealer, look at WIS / EPC might give you a clue how it all fits together, and the correct part number for what you need, and finally ....................

Use a Camera to photo stuff before you strip it down ;)

HTH :)

·
Premium Member 1997 SLK230K
513 Posts
Can't help with the nut and I (?) bracket. Maybe look at the other side.
I don't know why Mercedes fitted a double L at the bottom of the window. Presumably for added strength. You don't actually need two. The inner one is enough.. So you could pad out the outer one. Or remove it since it will probably come off easily and refix on the inside using the Loctute product I used so far with success. It's the one for fixing mirrors. Comes with a little pad and tube of adhesive. The secret is to get everything really really clean. Also the precise positioning is important. So thinking about it, the ideal would be to find a spare and just fix it in the correct position which is dead easy really if the outer one is still there.

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

No way to get a pic inside the door. I’ll keep checking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts