Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good recommendation for a lubricant for the rubber window seals and roof seals. Thanks

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Hi there... As you are a new member...perhaps you might find the following link useful. (I've been here a year and still cast my eye over it from time to time.)

Mercedes Benz SLK Forum - A Mercedes Benz Discussion Forum

scroll down to any section that is of interest to you.. and simply read your way through the topics etc... loads of interesting and informative stuff. 0:)0:)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Well, it is 2016 and everything seems to be temporarily out of stock. Anyone have a source for a suitable and known lube?

Ed

·
92,758 Posts

·
92,758 Posts
gummi much cheaper, no? :D :D

·
92,758 Posts

·
92,758 Posts

·
92,758 Posts
Expected release date is 11th Mar 2016 this from new owner of gummi

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Received the most recent private message with the link to silicone grease. I have a jar of that for my scuba equipment. Is that the equivalent to Gummi Pflege ? It certainly lubricates rubber with no ill effects on the rubber.

Ed

·
92,758 Posts
no. silicone grease is for hinges and joints like in the trunk and the lock assembly
gummi for seals

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
This one from amazon is pretty much Krytox and the same as the ones MB uses at about the same price: Amazon.com: VW AUDI EOS A4 CONVERTIBLE TOP SEAL LUBRICANT: Automotive

Personal preference.

I may use the Gummi Pflege type lubricant mainly for the main window seals, rear quarter glass and door rubber seals but not on the vario-roof seals.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If anyone is interested, this stuff is currently on offer at 3 x 100ml for £15 delivered, here in the UK.

Nextzett Gummi Pflege Car Rubber Stick Door Restorer 100ml THE MOST SOLD ON EBAY | eBay

Seems like a good deal to me, and no, I have no connection with the seller :smile:

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts