1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,223 Posts
as mentioned, they are in our sponsor section and offer our members discounts

·
Registered
20 Posts
that is pretty sick, anyone with pictures? considering investing in this if they are legal in VA... which i doubt it would be... considering it's illegal for almost anything distracting on the road... no matter how nice it is

·
97,223 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Can anyone who has a plastic one comment on how it compares to the factory mesh net?
Can't speak to the R170, but for the R171 I greatly prefer a clear one to the mesh. The poor visibility was the worst drawback of the mesh, especially at night.

I have the OEM plastic instead of the Windrestrictor, but it was worth the $370 I paid for it. I would never go back to the mesh.

Reactions: Stefan B

·
Registered
373 Posts
I definitely want either the WindRestrictor or the OEM plexiglass. From the pictures, both look good. And both have good comments from owners on this website. I just can't decide without having personnaly seen/examined at least one of each installed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks, I did the search on the site and found some comments. Apart from the improved visibility to the rear, and I guess improved appearance, any other benefits to the plexiglas ? Anyone prefer the mesh for some reason ?

·
97,223 Posts
installs in 5 seconds. you never ever have to remove it except to clean the 'glass' or underneath it when u do the rear deck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.