Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, 1 of my triangle-shaped windblock nets has ripped (behind drivers head). I am not sure how this is called but looking for a replacement (probably as a pair). Can someone help me with the proper English and/or German name for this item? :) I hope to find it on eBay..

Any tips on where to purchase these is also highly appreciated of course!

I attached 3 pictures to explain better hopefully.

Thanks in advance, best regards,
Bart

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
True that. That don't sell them separately but Craige can make them!

I pm'd Craige for him

but he cannot pm anyone but me because he does not have 15 posts yet

do this to get 8 more posts quickly

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Premium Member
10,745 Posts
I'd happily make up a set !
The only problem being that the original ones actually also hold the original windblocker in place ....
Clalibrero , if you're intersted , maybe we can look into you sending me your broken piece if it's all there and I Can look into replacing the mesh with something similar or with the solid metals parts I make if that's not possible , maintaing the original fixings for the windblocker ?
I'll PM you my email address so you can contact me directly if you want to .

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
J, that is the roll bar insert for the oem plexiglas windblocker, not the oem net. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Windblocker inserts sorted!

Dear all, just wanted to comment on my own post and close the topic. Craige did an amazing job with the inserts, they look much better than the original and stronger though (metal instead of cloth).

I will post some pictures later as well. Very happy with the result and communication during the process.

Craige - I'll thank you personally next time I'm in Madrid mate! :)

Best regards, Bart

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Dear all, just wanted to comment on my own post and close the topic. Craige did an amazing job with the inserts, they look much better than the original and stronger though (metal instead of cloth).

I will post some pictures later as well. Very happy with the result and communication during the process.

Craige - I'll thank you personally next time I'm in Madrid mate! :)

Best regards, Bart
Got photos?

Curious to see how they look with the original anchors for the OEM draught stop.

·
Premium Member
10,745 Posts
Calibrero, I'm really glad you're happy with the outcome, they should last you a while !! Jejeje..

Here's a couple of pics of the finished item, I have some of the process if anyone's interested, hopefully Calibrero can post some pics fitted, when he gets a few minutes free....

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
Nice job Craige.. they look great!!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Absolutely brilliant job!
Mine is still in perfect condition but should it get ripped I know were to turn to.
On a complete offtopic sidenote, Craige, I noticed you often use the phrase " jejeje". What does that mean? Something like " yeeeaah" ? Is it an expression of laughter? Is it something Spanish? Just curious.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts