Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a go at adjusting my windows as I was getting a fair bit of wind noise from (I think) the top rear of the drivers side.

This document nearly explains everything. Unfortunately some of the key instructions aren't clear.

From what I can tell, the window raise until the motor current draw peaks i.e. it stops turning and the window is tight in the U seal. Then the control module cuts the power.
So if you stick your arm in there it will get tight then cut out.

I think like most people, I jumped to the part of the doc with the green screws. thinking they limited the hight the window raises to.
What it doesn't tell you is these are for when the roof is down. Without them the windows would go up way too high as there is no rubber seal for the window to hit.

So the only way to really adjust the front window is to get the alignment absolutely perfect. If its too high at the front it would hit the seal first, leaving a gap at the rear.

I cant seem to get this right. And like I said, the instructions aren't very clear. I guess this is a german-english translation.

I've attached the doc and added a load of comments/questions.

If anyone has done this and has more of an insight please feel free to re-comment the pdf and repost.

(Its only the front window part, rear window instructions make sense)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.