Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,182 Posts

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,339 Posts
There are a number of threads on the forum on "what's best". Search is your friend. I have a Windrestrictor and it is quality with an easy install! ??? ??

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought one of those from eBay, waste of money!!
Squeaks like a young pig and vibrates shockingly at 60mph plus.
Stick with the Mercedes net, does a far better job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I've got one of these

Hi Guys

Has anyone fitted/tried One of these below?

Are they any good, or is the elastic cloth version a better option?

Mercedes SLK R170 Wind Deflector Stopper Full Perspex,no drilling,no straps | eBay

Hi, I bought a similar one from a different seller, much better than the standard cloth one in terms of visibility, but i'd agree with EL_Toro about the reflecting the light. In terms of attaching it, you unscrew the little coat hook things and this screws on, if i get a chance later (and uncover my SLK) i'll take a quick pic for you. If I had one complaint, it would be that you can't fix the hooks back on, just use the original screws to hold the wind deflector on. Not sure if longer screws would solve this.

If it's the same as mine, the Merc logo comes as a separate sticker too, i've not stuck mine on.

Here's a link to the one i bought, came quickly and the seller seemed quite friendly when i contacted him (they forgot to include the sticker).

Mercedes SLK R170 Wind Stop breaker Deflector Full 1996 - 2004 no drilling | eBay

So, i'd say it's worth it as it's a step up from the standard net one, but the reflections are a bit annoying.

Dez

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
585 Posts
The version that you have shown at the start of your thread is cheap and flimsy. It is made from perspex which is 4.7mm thick and flaps in the wind. It can be vastly improved by fitting tie-wraps which cicle thw headrests and stop any vibration/flapping. Also there is no Mercedes etched Logo.Superior versions have much thicker perspex ( 6.15mm) There is no flapping with these and they don't need strapping. With a little common sense, they can be located very successfully and rigidly. The only down-side to the "Windrestrictor" type is that it is not full-width. I have a superior version which is full-width and also fully illuminating with programmability. I've got a spare inferior version which has an etched Mercedes logo and can be strapped onto the headrests. I don't want it and I would let it go for £30 + postage. It doesn't vibrate and is very effective

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.