Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK200
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen a cover/bag to protect the wind deflector when not in place on the R172? Not the egg shell type but the removable plastic mesh type.

At present when removed it just gets chucked behind one of the seats but this doesn't seem like a particularly sympathetic way to treat it.

Thoughts, suggestions welcome.

M

·
Registered
80 Posts
Doesn't it fit in the boot under the lift up cover where the spare wheel is housed?
The cover has two big elastic straps and the wind deflector is placed between the straps.
I'd go and take a picture for you if it wasn't so dark and cold outside.... If no one else has posted by tomorrow I'll do it then.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ah, now that makes sense. I have now placed it there but it still feels a little exposed.

If needs be I might make up a bag for it to go in.

Thanks.
Miguel, I hope this doesn't sound patronising, it's not meant to. The wheel cover in the boot can go either way up I think the standard way is so that the boot floor is flat, with the mesh screen stored underneath but held clear of the tyre by the elastic straps, so it's not really vulnerable at all, the downside is it's a bit more of a pain to take in and out.

·
Registered 2012 SLK200
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having had a play over the weekend, yes I can see using the elastic straps works.

Yes reversing the boot insert will protect the deflector but is frankly a pain to have to dig around in the boot and lift sections of the boot out. Esp as it is presently a fairly tight fit. Though the winter it will likely not be an issue but being in the UK I want the easiest access while protecting the defector.

Actually the inside of a padded envelope would work a treat! And funnily enough I have some at home ??.

The car is part owned by my wife, hence the potential over protectiveness I am having to display. Also tbh it's the nicest car I have ever had and I want to look after it while I can.... At least until I start driving it harder ?

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
I still have and store it in the original plastic bag/sleeve that it came in also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.