Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met with TheGhost (Carlos) and his buddy Rick today at Willow Springs. What can you say, perfect weather and lots of fun. I put in about 50 miles on track time. Carlos and rick probably got in 100 miles since they stayed the whole day.

Here's a lap.

Here's Ricks Mitsubishi GSR, My R170 and Carlos's R171

Here's Carlos thru turn 3

Here's Rick thru turn 3

Here's some more

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
303 Posts
Smooth driving. Looks like a great track, have heard a lot of positive things about it.
More video please.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Excellent shots!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smooth driving. Looks like a great track, have heard a lot of positive things about it.
More video please.
Thanks, my intent this outing was to practice the racing line. I wore my arm out giving the pass signal :biglaugh:. Others were faster, but all over the track.

Anyway, for those out there, in the video you'll notice cones representing the turn start, apex, and exit. My challenge for the day was to hit the race line... practice, practice, and more practice...

As to more video, seeing me get passed is boring. The Ghost should have some excellent clear videos if he can figure out how to transfer DVD tape to his PC. Anyone have ideas?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
55 Posts
As to more video, seeing me get passed is boring. The Ghost should have some excellent clear videos if he can figure out how to transfer DVD tape to his PC. Anyone have ideas?

Hey guys, I have to say that we had an awesome time! Tslick thanks for adding the pics, they came out really good.

As for the video i took, i am working on getting the footage uploaded soon and yes i know i owe you guys from the last two track days also :tu:

I will try my best to have it all uploaded by tuesday (day off)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cool vid Carlos, what's your opinion on the best camera location, the rear window or the the cup holder? I say the cup holder.

btw.. Carlos has a working cup holder mount for the R171.

Well i like the back window mount BUT as you can see by the video the mirror blocks a bit.

the cup holder mount works great but you only see the track i will try to find and upload from the cup holder mount so you can judge for your self.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts