Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is it a good time to buy an SLK now? As far as I know a new model is coming.

1) Where it will arrive? 2010?
2) Will it have big different in exterior? Any pictures?

Please notice that if I order the car within 5 days it has a great discount, about 7-8k euros (which means about $9,5k)

Thanks

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and use the search function - loads of debate on the R172. Personally, I would not wait.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
καλημέρα - I bought a new (2003) R170 and sold it 10 months later for an R171 - when I bought the R170 it was the best(for what I wanted) car going. My R171 is a keeper - I could have put off buying it, waiting for a few years for the R172 coming out but I love it, and . . . have you heard about the R174 thats due out in about 2015 :):) - buy the car you like!! (and welcome to slkworld.com from NE England).

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,205 Posts
woolly, been meaning to ask you, have you a phone number for the sheep on the right?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,205 Posts
Lol!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Na, but I've got her Mum's !!
On speed dial?......:biglaugh:

To the OP...

If you search for R172, you'll find all the latest views what the new SLK may look like and when it may appear. It hasn't been officially announced, so it's all pretty much guesswork at the moment.

The current SLK (R171) is a cracking car, my wife and I both enjoy the one we have. I wouldn't/didn't wait..

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree with Woolly, buy the car you like. There's not a whole lot of concrete news on the R172 model. So really I think you need to decide if you like the current R171 model or not. If you do? buy it. If not, wait and see what comes up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you're concerned about it that much you could get a 2005 SLK on the cheap now. And when the new model comes out if you like it, get that one. The SLK is a joy to have and if you want one now, get it now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i read about the new R172, and it will be launched in the 2012, BUT it will lose the F1 nose and go back to the traditional mercedes benz line, so in my personal opinion, do not wait and get your car as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.