Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first week of June will mark 13 years since we picked up our ordered '01 SLK320 from Barrier Motors in Bellevue, WA. It is a 6-speed manual, heated seats, CD changer, and extra charge silver paint. It now has 66,500 miles and has never had a front plate (no holes!). We added 17" staggered wheels/tires from a C-Class Sport sedan 5 years ago. The SLK was a 20th Wedding Anniv. gift to her and she LOVES it. All the cars she had before this M-B were manuals except for her 190E 2.6 that she also loved. Well now she wants an automatic trans. She WANTS this car but not this transmission. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,891 Posts
LOL...she's just saying she 'wants' her car, but in girly speak it translates to "I want a new one, a brand new one"!:eek: I think she's got the 13 year itch!

Reactions: JonB

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
68 Posts
I hope my wife never loses her love for manual transmissions. A manual transmission is a prerequisite for any car we buy. We've been married for almost 27 years and every car we've had has been a manual. Gotta have 'em.

When I had my SLK230 in the shop earlier this week, the dealer had an SL550 (automatic) on their showroom floor....with a sticker price of a cool $115,000. Do you want me to put it on hold for you?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Beautiful car! I've been wondering about whether the c-class 17" wheels would just bolt up. With the selection of 245/45/16's getting smaller and smaller, I've been thinking about doing the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ideal would be to find a similar SLK320 that the owner wanted a stick and a trade could be made. That is about as realistic as picking up an SL550 for $45K... new!

I will only buy manuals for my car. At 65, my current 449 HP '08 Corvette is just fine for now... but a C7 ZR1 will be the next ride for me. 700 HP and a 7-speed stick! Now we are talking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get a new wife???? :D
My first divorce was after only 7 years. I went from driving a new 911S Targa to a 5 year old Ford Ranchero with 80,000 miles. Now, after 32 years on my second marriage I would be lucky to afford riding a city bus.

Once in a while.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Go auto !
The slk 7 speed is awesome !
But i think the 320 only has 5speed auto.
Trade up to a slk350 R171 auto .

·
Registered
259 Posts
IF I had a wife I think I would like her to be shiftless LOL

A Shift Dress is something all women should want in their closest… especially since it traditionally hangs loose from the shoulders with very little or no definition in the waist, making it a “hit” for women with different body types.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.