Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I have a SLK 55 AMG , im looking at new rears in about 6 months at the moment i have 255's on the rear with standard rims , My question is how wide can i go rear on the rears on a standard rim with not using spacers or have any rubbing .

Cheers

Andy

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,143 Posts
i think propdr stated 265 was the top limit.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
The thing to bear in mind is with low profile tyres, the walls are very stiff. By exceeding the recommended width all you do is force the centre of the tread up and cause excessive wear. Not to mention invalidating your insurance cover in the UK at least

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,339 Posts
Increasing the width and lowing the profile ratio and keep the same rim you will have a small tire in a roation of the wheel. This cause the speedo to be off and if you do not change the front wheel to match the rear in one turn and it is greater than something like 3% differance your cruise controll might not work. Becarefull in changing tire sizes it is more to it than will they rub.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
This subject has been discussed at great length previously and there is a plethora of information on rim and tyre sizes in the forums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts