Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Look?

I would have to agree. Why mess with a true classic. It's just one more flower that spoils the the arrangement to borrow a phrase from a Buick commercial. :)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,728 Posts
Hi Trev

I love the widebody looks , Have you seen the new sl65 black , looks like Mb have been looking at this widebody kit . Not sure if the smaller size of the SLK could carry this new look off , But would be ok as long as a SL65-black did not pull up along side you :(, Then as Clarkson always says you brought the wrong car :biglaugh: .

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,728 Posts
Hi Trev

All i can say is i work with a lot of very green fellow workers , They hate it when i turn up at work in the 'Rolling Thunder' LOLOLOL . No it the best mod ever , One problem my satnav does not have a setting route via tunnels (damn Garmin) , do you know if tom-tom has that setting ????

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just go via Birmingham for every journey Andy!!!!! Lovely tunnels there mate:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
I would approach it the other way Jon. The wide wheel look really took off when Porsche/Martini had insanely wide rear rubber. So unless you need really wide rubber, why would you add a bunch of body work and weight.

Johnr43 blamed Buick...I would have said Pontiac - famous for non-functional stick-ons.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
My point is. Unless there were extensive modifications to the suspension etc and they relied on spacers it must be putting and enormous strain on the bearings etc as the wheel centres would be way off the correct offset

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
i think that it was very cool that cyberdrakon managed to respond to peoples comments about his car even b4 it was brought up :rockon:

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,942 Posts
i think that it was very cool that cyberdrakon managed to respond to peoples comments about his car even b4 it was brought up :rockon:
Funny stuff :D. That gesture doesn't mean the same thing on this side of the pond. Heh heh.

Oh yeah and the question was asked about wheels. There's no spacers that I can remember, just really big wheels. I want to say he was up to 315 or something last I saw the car.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
2 fingers or the V-sign means peace on this side of the pond. What does it signify in the UK? V for victory?

·
19,407 Posts

·
19,407 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.