Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've become very frustrated this week.

I have tried to order an AMG SLK R171 spoiler from multiple Mercedes dealers. They tell me MBUSA isn't allowing this item to be ordered.

I also tried to order the automatic climate control. I'm told the same on this, that Mercedes is blocking it, and that the right part seems to only have European designation.

This is mind boggling to me. I'm willing to spend a bunch of money on these factory parts, and I just get turned down every time.

Anyone else have experience like this?

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I don’t know about the specific problems you are having with MB parts; but, if all else fails, we have friends here on the other side of the Atlantic that have helped before. :usa:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
PM Sulley007 with the part nos. He may be able to help. Mb911, which state are you in?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
MB911 there is a guy on mbworld that can get you the euro climate digital control, do a search he lives in Netherlands.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC300 Founding member #7
2,162 Posts
I'm guessing they are trying to maintain the AMG exclusivity. If everybody put AMG body parts on their non-AMGs, the AMGs wouldn't stand out. (visually anyway)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm guessing they are trying to maintain the AMG exclusivity. If everybody put AMG body parts on their non-AMGs, the AMGs wouldn't stand out. (visually anyway)
This may be a part of it.

However, a spoiler ? I mean, sport package has that on 09s, plus I think all 350s have a spoiler in Europe? A spoiler doesn't come close to looking like an AMG.

But most of all the climate control? I mean, that auto climate control is not AMG exclusive?

It seems odd. I mean, their parts aren't cheap, so you'd think they want to sell them.

Thanks for reading my frustration and giving me alternate ways to look into this. Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Actually the sport kit aka AMG ones on the 09 looks very similar to a 55 from a far distance.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually the sport kit aka AMG ones on the 09 looks very similar to a 55 from a far distance.
Agreed the new sport kit looks sharp, but I mean selling a single spoiler to someone doesn't make a car look like an AMG at all. :)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
If you get me the part numbers you want I should be able to get them as I'm approved with the SLKstore through MB. If it's still being made anywhere I should be able to get it!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
547 Posts
I looked into this last year and here are the part numbers I got for the AMG spoiler from the '09MY 350 sport package.

List Price Unpainted
171-790-00-88-9999 - $444 USD

List Price Painted (iridium silver)
171-790-00-88-9775 - $560 USD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.