94,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why go through the effort

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Some folks.

Reminds me of a guy I met that had a "special" hood ornament on his old BMW. It looked like the ones on the Jaguar's of the big cat leaping.

Except it was a rat.

Go Figure.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
In the 20s and 30s really fine cars often had custom hood ornaments from Lalique and other fine art glass and sculpture houses. Saw one years ago that was lighted and tied to the magneto so the faster the engine speed...the faster the light pulsed. I love the old Pierce Arrow hood ornaments.......beautiful.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
In the 20s and 30s really fine cars often had custom hood ornaments from Lalique and other fine art glass and sculpture houses. Saw one years ago that was lighted and tied to the magneto so the faster the engine speed...the faster the light pulsed. I love the old Pierce Arrow hood ornaments.......beautiful.
. . . and if you remember, (not personally!!) they evolved from radiator cap thermometers. . . .

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
I have a spare star, prominently displayed in my den, from my recent grille conversion. I wonder how it would look on the front of my Canyon? ..........................kidding.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The car looks better that way than:) the original. By the way, please make an effort to match the color of the cardboard to the vehicle paint ... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts