Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While a project was occupying my wife's side of the garage, she was parking outside. About 10 minutes into the Republican debate, there was a deep 'thud' outside and her 2008 C300 was a total loss.:crying:
Now she is happily driving the 2012 GLK shown in the dealer pic. I had been seriously shopping for a used SLK55, but will probably wait for some of the smoke to clear on this incident before pressing on. :|
Thankfully, no injuries or other property damage!

Horace

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,827 Posts
Wow! glad all are ok! don't forget there is a 2005 SLK 55 down by me

·
Registered
519 Posts
While a project was occupying my wife's side of the garage, she was parking outside. About 10 minutes into the Republican debate, there was a deep 'thud' outside and her 2008 C300 was a total loss.:crying:
Now she is happily driving the 2012 GLK shown in the dealer pic. I had been seriously shopping for a used SLK55, but will probably wait for some of the smoke to clear on this incident before pressing on. :|
Thankfully, no injuries or other property damage!

Horace
Yet another thing to blame on Donald Trump! :wink:
Was the other driver asleep, or drunk?
Glad at least no-one was hurt.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was the other driver asleep, or drunk?
Glad at least no-one was hurt.
I failed to point it out, but the culprit was the large sweetgum limb lying beside the car in the first photo. It was an apparently healthy limb, but was heavy with the green seed balls and weight of the rain soaked wood and leaves. We see small ones give way under their own weight frequently, but this one was really large and at least 50 feet up. It was moving when it hit!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I failed to point it out, but the culprit was the large sweetgum limb lying beside the car in the first photo. It was an apparently healthy limb, but was heavy with the green seed balls and weight of the rain soaked wood and leaves. We see small ones give way under their own weight frequently, but this one was really large and at least 50 feet up. It was moving when it hit!
So drunk then! >:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts