Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founding Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great season so far in F1! I guess Lewis Hamilton has silenced his critics eh? A few of you in here were pretty hard on the lad. He is tearing it up big time. First driver in F1 history to reach the podium in his first three races. He is even making his teammate - the reigning Grand Prix World Champ - look a bit off. Pretty impressive.

I have found that Kimi is making a lot of driving mistakes for Ferrari. He tends to understeer a lot which prevented him from reeling in Hamilton at both Malaysia and Bahrain. He is certainly fast. But without the pole, I don't see him winning any races in traffic.

Massa is a great driver. Even better than I expected. But it was amazing to see Hamilton ace him out in Malaysia and run him off the track. He needed that win at Bahrain to save face - BIG TIME.

Overall, I am most impressed with BMW/Sauber. They have made a great showing. Holding off Alonszo in Bahrain was a huge step for them. If they can remain reliable, then they could do very well this season.

What do you guys think???

:rockon:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i wish i knew how to watch it more often. Only time i see it is when I catch it on the SPEED Channel.

Im a fan of F1 racing, and cup car and such. I think its more exciting then nascar. Even though nascar is a fun event to go to, and i have several friends who work for hendrickson racing. (i.e. jeff gordans and jimmy johnsons car)

D

·
0 Posts
Unfortunately i have only managed to catch the highlights so far this year but i have the house programmed to record them so i wont miss another race!

Will report back when i know what the hell's going on this season.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i've watched the two first race. Mac Laren and Ferrari seems to be very closed. BMW should be able to compete also very soon.
Great result from Hamilton .

However, i prefer Moto GP races. Much more fun, less politics, less money ....

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
No, no B55! I´m not quiet ;)

Hamilton is a driving robot, wait when he´s coming into another car, without all the Dennis-input.

Raikkonen was never better than Heidfeld. In their common time Heidfeld did all the setup work for the car. Raikkonen took this profit, this year you´ll see Massa will send him back into the woods of Finland.

I´m disappointed of Alonso and of the Red Bull. The great Adrian Newey designed it and they´re driving just in the nirvana. A good job is made by the young Rosberg.

BMW rules and not forgotten: Gary Paffet! :tu:Y)

BTW: the new RUF CTR3 will be build in a company next to the Bahrain race track!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Sounds awesome season, thanks for the great season summary mate. I love it, but really not having chance to see anything while travelling. Remembering last years visit to monaco really gave me a new interest in F1.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Ruf has nearly finished their new Headquarters in Bahrain Gero.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.