Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

who waves

7K views 63 replies 42 participants last post by  nadnerb 
#1 ·
does anyone wave to other slk drivers?..........i do but so far no-one,s waved back:(

#8 ·
Not only do I wave, but I also try to track down the car/owner and hand out one of our NC/SC SLK Group info flyers. If I see an SLK parked somewhere, it will get a flyer under the windshield. Several of us in our group do that. None of us have been arrested for stalking yet. :)

#10 ·
I wave.....don't care if I get a reply ......
We had this same thing on motorcycles.
BMW riders wave back, Harley riders only wave to Harley riders.
BMW K1200LT riders had the special "he-man woman haters club wave."
I waved/wave to everyone , SLK's, motorcycle, scooters, bicycles............
Everyone that's out in the air and not locked in a cage............
A great man once said "only a dog with it's head out the car window, understands why people ride motorcycles or drive convertibles."
Bicycles.......have you ever been traveling in the desert for two hours, never see another vehicle for hours, then there's this person pedaling a bicycle up the same hill you just coasted down and....... in my opinion they deserve a wave ( and a cold bottle of water if you have one.)..........
there......I'm done for now.

#17 ·
Well, if anyone's passing Bournemouth and waves at me, you'll get a wave back with a big smile - and maybe we can go to "viewpoint", have a bacon roll with a cup of tea, lol...:biglaugh:

Attachments

#29 ·
Wish I was there back in Thailand with mine - sure miss the place, I was there over 20 years...how's the "Somtam"....? :biglaugh:

#22 ·
Sure I wave

Out here in Kansas, especially in small towns, people wave.

I wave not only at SLK's but any Benz vehicles except trucks.

Not many SLK,s around here, only one older one that a university student owns. My SLK 55 is the only AMG in this corner of the state, so not any for me to wave at.

dlomshek
SE Kansas

#24 ·
I am usually the passenger and the person who takes the pictures so I should wave but never do. My bad!! But I think I am going to change and start waving - what the heck. I see lots of SLKs and other convertibles in the Palm Springs area. None never wave except once from two women in a nice BMW convertible. I am gonna start waving :)

#27 ·
Waves

Being a former SLK55 owner I always notice an SLK on the road and will wave if the opportunity is there but I have to say that the Calgary owners are very reserved and rarely wave back and after trying to drum up some interest to form a group with my friend in Edmonton we gave up. I am extremely envious of the NW group and will one day catch up with one of their ventures.

#28 ·
Being a former SLK55 owner I always notice an SLK on the road and will wave if the opportunity is there but I have to say that the Calgary owners are very reserved and rarely wave back and after trying to drum up some interest to form a group with my friend in Edmonton we gave up. I am extremely envious of the NW group and will one day catch up with one of their ventures.
Maybe your SLS intimidates them. You could consider a license plate frame that says "My other car is an SLK55". :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.