Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum today and am posting for the first time. I've read some threads where people mention their slk as weekend cars/toys. Who here uses their slk as their every day commuter like I do? I just bought mine back in april and my favorite part of every work day is still the commute. Funny thing is, after commuting every day in my slk, I switch to my toyota hybrid suv on the weekends.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Just found this forum today and am posting for the first time. I've read some threads where people mention their slk as weekend cars/toys. Who here uses their slk as their every day commuter like I do? I just bought mine back in april and my favorite part of every work day is still the commute. Funny thing is, after commuting every day in my slk, I switch to my toyota hybrid suv on the weekends.
I do. Good topic for a poll.

BTW, welcome calfxb !

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I bought my SLK back at the end of February and use it as my daily driver. I live in Phoenix, so the weather is perfect for year round top-down motoring. If I was still back in Chicago, I would probably garage the car from November to March. It is too light and has too much juice for the snowy conditions I think.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
My SLK is a daily driver, but i swap it off with the CLK 500 every other day to keep both cars well oiled and charged.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I would if I could, it snows here and I have a kid and wife to haul around on my off days, so the SLK isn't practical.

btw, welcome to the forum.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Yup, SLKs as daily drivers. Sounds good, but I don't practice what I preach. My wife used her SLK as a daily driver until late August when she left her job. Only exception, for longer trips, she would take our VW NeWBeetle diesel. She used her car for business and was reimbursed nicely for mileage. Local travel was fine, but I didn't want excessive mileage on her 350. We have a total of five vehicles and I emphasize that each should be driven periodically to spread the miles amongst them. Neither SLK is driven in the rain unless we get caught in the rain unexpected. I spend a lot of time keeping them clean, but I don't want it to be a full time job. I need to drive my SLK 55 more often. I do drive it to work periodically, but I park it in back of the building in a small fenced in area. It's a challenge getting in and out. I wouldn't park it out front. Too many questions and I don't need the hassle. Regardless, I do drive it, but I need to drive it more often. With that in mind, I plan to drive it tomorrow.R):D:rb:biglaugh:

·
Registered
357 Posts
My SLK only gets driven on nice days, no rain unless it catches me off guard. Use Either the wife's 325 BMW or the suv as daily drivers. The SLK gets babied and pampered, at least til I get out on the open road to play.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
My SLK is not my daily driver,Its the garage queen.

I've been very picky and cleaning it every time it gets dirty;honestly since the last 4-5 months I've only put 71km which makes my mileage at 3,820km.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i put 15,000 miles on it last year. im at 22 thousand now.

Its my everyday, altho there are times when with friends, or i know if bad weather is coming ill drive the Yukon.

D

·
0 Posts
Its my for fun car but saying that i try and use it at least 3-4 times a week and i give it a really hard time when i do use it.

Its at 32k now but not all of that is on the current engine.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Only drive it on very nice days. Though we have taken it to work the past 3 days. If you are going to have a drought like GA is having you might as well take advantage of it! The problem is that once you drive it a couple days you don't want to go back to the daily (Passat wagon because of the three dogs and no new C-class wagon)!:bannana:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Absolutely daily unless snow makes the alley
impassable (have the '95 Explorer for that). Wouldn't give up the daily comfort and fun of the ride R)R)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Other than being stored for the winter months, mine is a daily driver - it's too much fun not to be! :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine's an evening and weekend car. No point in driving her 2 miles to the bus stop to sit outside all day when I'm at work.
She will be garaged in the Minnesnowta winters.

-nmslk

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.