Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 1997 SLK230 Kompressor
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about it? Absolutely stock 193 hp Slk vs 313 hp 350z, both with manual gearboxes:

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a slow Mazda 6 2.5 manual 170 hp (I didn't even have to push hard on accelerator):

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
2 points:-

a) a manual transmission is more fun (not that I'm biased or anything :D ).

b) it's more fun driving a slow car to it's limit, than driving a quick car slowly :D :D

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't personally believe that slk230 is a slow vehicle but came across that opinion many times. Having tried it racing against more powerfull cars like 350z, e420 etc, I made a conclusion it's a bit sportier than many people think it is, and I would like to share my happiness about it with you ;)

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I didn't personally believe that slk230 is a slow vehicle but came across that opinion many times. Having tried it racing against more powerfull cars like 350z, e420 etc, I made a conclusion it's a bit sportier than many people think it is, and I would like to share my happiness about it with you ;)
On our 'sheep chases' (do a search for videos ), we have nearly every type of SLKs going from 55s up to 200s - in reality, on a good blast over narrow, twisty country roads, driving 'flat out', there is very little between them - a driver having fun in a 200 can easily keep up with one in an AMG55. Go figure. (the more fun the road, the easier it is to keep up :D ).

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I was talking about the abilities of the car not the driver, as I'm aware that it mostly takes to be a skillfull driver to keep up with faster vehicles on narrow and twisty roads (in fact in my country hardly any road isn't narrow and twisty, and in addition they're hardly ever even - you must've noticed that, when you happened to be here).

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I last wrote here. A lot of things have changed since then. Now this slk 230 is much faster than it used to be:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.