Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes I know......just wanted to get your attention

I've been "snow foaming" for about 6 months now...all on summer dirt so far (winter is on the way). I'm 50/50 on how good it is. I do like the fact that if the car is not too dirty, I can hit it with thick foam and then wash the car using one bucket to rinse the mitt.

I'm anal about my paint and on my SLK, I only used a pressure washer and 1 bucket for 3 years and the paint was fine.

I am not a detailing fan boy but, would never put my car through a carwash or the local "hand wash" so I have to do my own cleaning and am always looking to make life easier...

I find the snow foam to not be as good as some people make it out to be but...I do think it has a place in my washing regime.....

1) heavy dirt - foam to get most off and then do a wash with shampoo, buckets etc
2) light dirt - thick snow foam and then wash using the foam..

I try to stick to one brand - I use Carlack (Klasse in the USA) for shampoo, polish (abrasive free) & sealer (wish they made a snow foam).

I'm not sure that the guys that mix different brands of waxes etc layered have the right idea but I'm happy to be educated...

Interested to hear what others do .....

Jbanks15 ????

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,876 Posts

·
Banned
974 Posts
Yes I know......just wanted to get your attention

I've been "snow foaming" for about 6 months now...all on summer dirt so far (winter is on the way). I'm 50/50 on how good it is. I do like the fact that if the car is not too dirty, I can hit it with thick foam and then wash the car using one bucket to rinse the mitt.

I'm anal about my paint and on my SLK, I only used a pressure washer and 1 bucket for 3 years and the paint was fine.

I am not a detailing fan boy but, would never put my car through a carwash or the local "hand wash" so I have to do my own cleaning and am always looking to make life easier...

I find the snow foam to not be as good as some people make it out to be but...I do think it has a place in my washing regime.....

1) heavy dirt - foam to get most off and then do a wash with shampoo, buckets etc
2) light dirt - thick snow foam and then wash using the foam..

I try to stick to one brand - I use Carlack (Klasse in the USA) for shampoo, polish (abrasive free) & sealer (wish they made a snow foam).

I'm not sure that the guys that mix different brands of waxes etc layered have the right idea but I'm happy to be educated...

Interested to hear what others do .....

Jbanks15 ????

My regime is much the same.
If very dirty, foam including wheel arches & right under sills, then water spray to remove, re-foam & use foam with bucket water/shampoo & second bucket clean water. Sometimes a third bucket with clear water & small dilute shampoo/wax the sort that leaves no water marks when washed off with hose, this is done after cleaning around side & bonnet grilles, panel gaps & front grille area with fine brushes.
5 year old 40k miles car in almost daily use all weathers all year round, washed once a week at most to minimise swirls, extra polish & detailing pre-car shows or special occasions. Liquid black finish & minimum swirls & marks only seen in very strong light.

·
Registered
278 Posts
With my new washing regiment I can wash the car much quicker and with less effort.

First I wet car down using 1850 high pressure electric pressure washer with 40 degree spray head and quickly knock all dirt off. The 40 degree head is high pressure but not over doing it.

Then I attach foam cannon to pressure washer and the entire car is white with thick foam. One bucket with clear water to just rinse off my wash mitt every once in a while. About 3 times for entire car.

Then spray off soap with pressure washer.

Use 120 mph leaf blower to quickly dry off car.

I don't wax car. Just put another coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze about every 2 months. The red paint has a wet deep shine that gets better with every coat.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With my new washing regiment I can wash the car much quicker and with less effort.

First I wet car down using 1850 high pressure electric pressure washer with 40 degree spray head and quickly knock all dirt off. The 40 degree head is high pressure but not over doing it.

Then I attach foam cannon to pressure washer and the entire car is white with thick foam. One bucket with clear water to just rinse off my wash mitt every once in a while. About 3 times for entire car.

I don't wax car. Just put another coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze about every 2 months. The red paint has a wet deep shine that gets better with every coat.
Pretty much exactly what I do. I'm also very happy with the Klasse (Carlack) and it is so easy to use. I made the mistake of not blow drying / drying last week and went for a drive instead - lots of fine dust settled in the water droplets (specially in the low pressure areas at the back of the car) :frown:

·
Registered
513 Posts
My regime is much the same.
If very dirty, foam including wheel arches & right under sills, then water spray to remove, re-foam & use foam with bucket water/shampoo & second bucket clean water. Sometimes a third bucket with clear water & small dilute shampoo/wax the sort that leaves no water marks when washed off with hose, this is done after cleaning around side & bonnet grilles, panel gaps & front grille area with fine brushes.
5 year old 40k miles car in almost daily use all weathers all year round, washed once a week at most to minimise swirls, extra polish & detailing pre-car shows or special occasions. Liquid black finish & minimum swirls & marks only seen in very strong light.
My regime is very similar to @oldmercman, except I always use a third bucket, I like to do my wheels separately. I always let the foam dwell on the car (time for a brew:smile:), and only use wash mitts and micro fibre cloths. There is also a grit guard in the bottom of all the buckets.

My Mrs thinks I'm anal, but I'm not in @jbanks15 territory :laugh:

·
92,876 Posts
But does your trunk look like this?

Attachments

·
Banned
974 Posts

Is the Klasse product similar to the Autoglym glaze?

·
92,876 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts