Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK55
101 Posts
I had mine rolled after going to 18x8 fronts and 18x9 rears with Michelin Pilot Super Sports at 235/40/18 and 255/35/18, respectively. I was getting rub when the suspension was compressed through bumps at higher speeds. This resolved the front rub, but the rears still rubbed on the little winglets at the rear of the fenders. I switch back to the stock wheels for track days to be sure there won't be any issues with rub and excess damage to my car. Disappointing since the whole point of getting forged rims were to reduce weight and step up to wider rubber. I believe some folks have run up to 245 front and 265 rears without problems, so your offset and results may vary!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had mine rolled after going to 18x8 fronts and 18x9 rears with Michelin Pilot Super Sports at 235/40/18 and 255/35/18, respectively. I was getting rub when the suspension was compressed through bumps at higher speeds. This resolved the front rub, but the rears still rubbed on the little winglets at the rear of the fenders. I switch back to the stock wheels for track days to be sure there won't be any issues with rub and excess damage to my car. Disappointing since the whole point of getting forged rims were to reduce weight and step up to wider rubber. I believe some folks have run up to 245 front and 265 rears without problems, so your offset and results may vary!

Wow that is sad. I am running 255s now and they look like bicycle tires. I was hoping to fit a 275/40 which was stock size on my old C5 vette. On 8.5" wheels I think so I was going to maybe widen the MB stockers 1". Food for thought I guess. It may take some engineering. Thanks for the response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.