Mercedes SLK World banner

1941 - 1960 of 2056 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
We actually had some good weather on Tuesday, so I was able to drive home with the top down after watching the 2 Gloster Meteors flying at Chalgrove aerodrome. I'd almost forgotten what a pleasure it is to tootle along the country roads of Oxfordshire in the sun with the top down! But today the forecast is for rain all day...again.

·
Long Time Member
3,639 Posts
Good roof down run through Wales.

Right up until a stubborn sheep stood in the middle of a single track road.
These things are dangerous, treat them with respect.

Instead of using wax on the front bumper a good coat of Mint sauce on it keeps the woolly pests away :wink:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Good roof down run through Wales.

Right up until a stubborn sheep stood in the middle of a single track road.

These things are dangerous, treat them with respect.

Instead of using wax on the front bumper a good coat of Mint sauce on it keeps the woolly pests away :wink:
Ah! That's why country folk always seem to have smorgasbord front bumpers. I often see them smeared with horseradish, mint sauce, mustard and cranberry sauce. Gets really crazy around game shoot season. There I was thinking they'd crashed into a deli!

Maya ~ Tapatalk

·
Long Time Member
3,639 Posts
A week top down

Great weather for my week off :smile:

Have been all over the place meeting up with old @Avel Du and new faces from Slkworld and Mbclub uk.

So many new insects added to the front bumper :grin:...also hit three cafes ....not same day.

And another trip out this morning with @Tim S Kemp :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes. A good run thru Wales.
Timing was just right traffic wise, rare for a weekend.

Fixed your Tim mention.

And less of the 'old' ;)
Been up through north Wales a few times lovely driving area.
Beautiful English summer day ... dare I say possibly say slightly too warm. Had a nice drive over towards Derbyshire then peeled back through the Staffordshire moorlands. Quite a lot of motorcycles about today as well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Went to b&q yesterday afternoon as having to gloss paint most of the house. Went out 10mins each way. So hot had to have the roof up and Aircon on....but.

Went to pick the missus up from work in Leeds at half 5. What a difference. Top down, air con on, not feeling burnt. Ment the 20 Mon drive back took 45, and the missus was happy. Bonus

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
Went to b&q yesterday afternoon as having to gloss paint most of the house. Went out 10mins each way. So hot had to have the roof up and Aircon on....but.

Went to pick the missus up from work in Leeds at half 5. What a difference. Top down, air con on, not feeling burnt. Ment the 20 Mon drive back took 45, and the missus was happy. Bonus
Think of her hair do man. Boy are you in the ess h 1 tee. :D

·
AND MABEL
13,814 Posts
Needed to go to a garden centre, but somehow missed the local one and ended up outside Perth. 150 miles of top down smiles. (10 miles of which was having fun with a biker who gave me a big thumbs up when he turned off >:D.)

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Needed to go to a garden centre, but somehow missed the local one and ended up outside Perth. 150 miles of top down smiles. (10 miles of which was having fun with a biker who gave me a big thumbs up when he turned off >:D.)
150 miles just to go to a garden center? Dare I say, the purpose was the top-down ride while the "garden" was the excuse :grin: Bcos I drive 99% top down, I no longer qualify to post in this thread...

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
On Saturday managed a 250 mile round trip from Salisbury to Hastings to visit the in laws top down the whole way there and back (although the sun has gone to bed on the way home).

Across the New Forest was magical in the dark with stars and the New Forest wildlife for company.

And again this morning. Top down with the sun still a-bed this time on my way to work.

Awesome.

Sent from my phone while my back was turned.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Busy Bank Holiday weekend, visit to hospital twice, out for 2 meals, cleaned 3 cars inc SLK. Then waxed SLK, wheels off, found one of the jack points had been squashed/damaged by some numpty not using proprietry jack pad (ordered new, next day delivery, removed old and fitted new, sorted) check brake pads/discs, cleaned arches, cleaned and painted calipers, wheels cleaned and refitted and new chrome covers on wheel studs!
Out for top down run in lovely weather, fantastic. Country lanes for two hours in the midday sun.

Does it get any better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's been absolutely lovely weather here in South Carolina lately. So my SLK has seen a lot of sunshine almost every day.
I think I may do a nice detail on it over the weekend.
I hope everyone else has been getting to enjoy their cars as much as I have recently.

1941 - 1960 of 2056 Posts