Mercedes SLK World banner

2221 - 2240 of 2255 Posts

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG w/P30
98 Posts
I drove to the airport for a takeout lunch before flying. Temperatures were around 50 F (10 C), so very nice. There is an ancient, weathered picnic table, partially engulfed by a tree, that I am fond of.

Looking in the other direction, away from the airport, there is a stream, Tinker Creek, with the sound of numerous frogs and toads calling, plus a distant raven.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,445 Posts
Lovely spot for a quiet lunch (y)

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,092 Posts
Shopping? OH, YES!!!
Not go bumbling down the lanes? Really?
Ho hum.

So, a lengthy blast down the Cheshire plains it is then.
Had a brief play with another SLK, and broke off into the single track roads.
Bit of an amble and found myself at the original Oulton Park gates.

DSC03565.JPG

I was going to pose at the new gates, but a plastic OP sign and a pair of white, industrial gates did not entice.

Back to the blat.

A large number of dog walkers who did not have dogs on a leash.
Walkers, that thought the road a footpath. Really? Did you not hear the V8? Doh!
And a very handsome, white & timid Shire horse. (Yes, I saw in plenty of time to avoid exhaust pops on the downshifts and left plenty of time before picking the pace up again). I love horses.

A guy who looked so much alike to @docwalker that I nearly pulled up.
Once I realised that he had no beer, fags, nor food, I knew he was a fake.

Then the shop (Ya'ay, I remembered).
Shops not perfect, but much better stocked again.
And home.

Grr!
From a nice and shiney SLK a few days back, to an orange dustbowl today.
By setting of with the dew still out, the soil from famers tractors (trying to catch up post floods),
winter salt and sandstone dust (Cheshire is built on sandstone), my poor Sophie is more orange
than a Scouse las on a night out.
Even the California duster barely touched.

So....Now I have to go out again to blast the dust off (my excuse, don't tell).

·
Registered 2018 SLC43
161 Posts
My roof stayed up!

Mind you, I didn't go out in the car either as social responsibility dictates we all stay in and reinforce the message that is the current UK government advice that it is NOT OK to leave home without a very justified reason.

Can't say I can find a valid argument against that!

It is 100% true to say that some of us are going to die as a direct result of coronavirus and whereas I am not in a vulnerable health group, physical distancing and isolation is less about protecting me but to do my part to make it less likely that someone else will die.

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,464 Posts
With some supplies needing to be delivered to My elderly Mother, it would have been rude after sitting in the garage for 2.5 mouths not to do this essential journey in My R172 :cool:
Avoided the main roads & took in some North Hampshire scenic lanes instead - Now do You like a R172 side view:

Or a bit more front?

Mind You, was slightly "Top Trumped" by this 2009 - Aston Martin DBS that I passed..!!
Though nice to see that that this "JM7" has been used for a drive all the way down to the South of France :cool:
Details: Aston Martin DBS Volante

Interestingly, even though it had been sitting plugged into a CTEK charger for months, the Stop/Start light didn't turn green after the 30 minute drive out...

So having safely dropped off supplies, with min 2m social distancing, and the stop start gone green, took a long(sh) route back, to make sure the engine had fully warm up...!!
Though possibly due to months of rain & hence damp air in the head lights units, they condensated up after putting the car away... 🧐

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
258 Posts
Mind You, was slightly "Top Trumped" by this 2009 - Aston Martin DBS that I passed..!!
No you weren't "Top Trumped". The Aston had too many seats. Not a proper OTS by any means... :)

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
23 Posts
Wife and i hit the back roads of East Central Mississippi and West Central Alabama today for a 100 mile top down drive in 76-80 degree sunny weather. Had a nice lunch at the Simmons Wright General Store in Kewannee, Ms. Didn't see any other tops down during the drive, buts its definitely getting to be that time of year.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
520 Posts
Ver
With some supplies needing to be delivered to My elderly Mother, it would have been rude after sitting in the garage for 2.5 mouths not to do this essential journey in My R172 :cool:
Avoided the main roads & took in some North Hampshire scenic lanes instead - Now do You like a R172 side view:
View attachment 573935
Or a bit more front?
View attachment 573936
Though nice to see that that this "JM7" has been used for a drive all the way down to the South of France :cool:
Details: Aston Martin DBS Volante
View attachment 573937
Interestingly, even though it had been sitting plugged into a CTEK charger for months, the Stop/Start light didn't turn green after the 30 minute drive out...

So having safely dropped off supplies, with min 2m social distancing, and the stop start gone green, took a long(sh) route back, to make sure the engine had fully warm up...!!
Though possibly due to months of rain & hence damp air in the head lights units, they condensated up after putting the car away... 🧐
View attachment 573941
Very pretty (y)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
520 Posts
I’m not getting out of the car, so I don’t think I’m putting myself or anyone else at risk, but I’m getting a bit of fresh air every day. For obvious reasons, this pedestrian crossing is usually rammed with people, but today, not a even a beetle. ;)

·
26,092 Posts
Had to hit pharmacy & store.
The joy of open top driving, empty roads

Rotten shame I could go for my usual disappearing act, but Covid rules are there for a reason.

Got home to 'DID YOU GO FOR A DRIVE?'

No, I sat outside, waiting for your drugs on a one in one out basis.

But, boy, I have never been so tempted.

·
26,092 Posts
Not exactly in the direct sunlight, but started at sun rise top down to Deming for fuel. 56 degrees F . I was the only one at the station wearing vinyl gloves. How many people touch the gas pump in a day...?
But not seen any clips of idiots licking the handles.

2221 - 2240 of 2255 Posts