Mercedes SLK World banner

2181 - 2200 of 2255 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
634 Posts
Actually yesterday and not much sun, a high overcast and 47 F on the deck. Top down into Deming for breakfast, coffee, Kleenex and marker pens. Also topped up the Toboggan with Chevron premium laced with yummy Techron. Future posts might be delayed by projects in the works: remodeling the back porch and rebuilding the pylon racer.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
520 Posts
The beginning of my little weekend road trip started with a blast from London down to Frome in Somerset.

Not bad mileage. At least 30% at 80 on the motorway.

And guess what? I have a glass wind deflector now, so I can give the Mesh one back to @Trev5 😊
Can’t honestly say that I noticed much difference - I think that’s because I’m a bit taller than optimal for the SLK and my head gets buffeted constantly.

·
520 Posts
Play with your seat settings.

We have often come across folks who sit higher as they transitioned from saloons and SUVs.
The lower (sporty) seating position feels unnatural to them initially.
I wish! If you remember, I got an SLK because I couldn’t fit into an MX5. I sort of wish I didn’t have the electrics in the seat if it meant I could go any lower! It’s always a problem for me in almost all cars. I’m not tall - 6 foot - but my back is long so I’m taller in the seat. Just one of the many reasons I’ve always wanted to be smaller; riding horses, racing bikes, getting a bicycle or clothes to fit without going bespoke.
Remember the way the sun visors in the SL used to flip up when the top was down and provide a little wind deflection? That’s what I need. @Dave2302 new project? 😂

·
Premium Member 2011 SLK200
540 Posts
Sun and about 5 degrees Ceclius. Nice trip to Helgøya (an island), which is located in the longest / largest lake in Norway, Mjøsa. Varying driving conditions with both icy road and muddy road. Hard to make omelette without breaking some eggs, so a very dirty car is perfectly fine as a signature on a nice trip 😎

·
520 Posts
So, the mini road trip (#2,182) continued with me being able to do all my driving top down. Found a great back road from Frome to Bath and then the blat from Bath to the meet up this morning was F A B! Thanks so much @TonyS3 for acting as pace car (and what a pace!)

The Little Growler got to make some friends whilst we had breakfast and chatted:
C398BF4D-4CAD-440E-843E-F206F0EDF9AF_1_201_a.jpeg
And the sun came out for the drive back to London:
412CEBCE-2119-41FB-8575-2E8A845E6139_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,092 Posts
Had to leg it to the in laws.
Had just had a nightmare session on the pc.

Sun shinning, country roads a begging.
Decided to have a blast down memory lane and head towards a biker haunt I used to use.

So good, I decided to repeat on the way home.
Then back out again.
Then, final run home.
Grin factor 10!

·
26,092 Posts
Banished to the outlaw's bathroom for ceiling painting duties,
I thought 'beggar it, I'll take the 55', despite the rain.

Loaded with the usual aches and pains from overhead painting,
how pleased was I to see the sun in preparation for the run home.

Early rush hour on the M53. Usually full of toe sirs cruising 50mph in the 3rd lane.
Not today.

Even the bobby gave a friendly wave (yes, it might not have been so friendly a minute earlier).

One coffee later & I'm thinking:
'Odd. Normally I ache like mad after doing ceilings'.

Oh, the joy of SLKs.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
258 Posts
I had to attend GEARS (Global Electronic Approval Routing System) training this afternoon. This is an electronic staffing system developed by the military that is based off SharePoint. The training was scheduled in a classroom in the old United States Disciplinary Barracks (USDB) here on Fort Leavenworth. The DB is the high security prison for all the US military services. Construction started in 1875 with the prisoners providing much of the labor. Work continued until 1921, mostly adding facilities inside the walls. A new DB was completed in 2002 and the castle part of the old DB was torn down in 2004. The wall and other buildings remained and have been repurposed. As it was a beautiful sunny day, I took the opportunity to snap a few pictures.

The main entrance to the old DB.

One of the guard towers.

The side wall. The walls were the first part built by the prisoners. Matches some of the walls I have seen in Europe.

A nice day to be out driving and not inside....

·
26,092 Posts
Another good blat around in the Wirral sunshine.
Got home and finally chased the insurance over October's accident.
The perp (Moderated) was claiming I hit him, despite a witness (the wife, so ins co ignore her statement)
& him writing notes that admitted he hit me (which I took pics of).
His Co were contesting liability.

An hour of call queuing in different lines (Brits are good at Qing)
& agent having to double check, I have a no fault claim WOOHOO!
So I'll get the xs back.

So another blat to the jet wash, only to find a busted fog!
Aargh!

Good job I had the top down so much and won the claim.
Took some of the pain away.

·
520 Posts
I went down to Bournemouth to see my son (I seem to keep going 'down west'). It was bonkers cold at 6.45 am but by 7.45 the top was down and I took a detour through the New Forest:
CDA15582-B266-4C51-9A66-3FD787586433_1_201_a.jpeg 421791CA-255C-4BE9-84E8-122400CBF56D_1_201_a.jpeg

The skies opened big time yesterday, so no top down and, I guess, a bucket wash today (y)

·
26,092 Posts
Old boys gathering today.
Only 20 mins away.
Picked a mate (Stang fan) up and Plied the Cheshire lanes in glorious sunshine.

Comment 1, leaving the estate.
Cold innit, ooh, sounds nice.

Comment 2, hitting the A roads.
Picks up nice, hey, you don't realise how cold it is outside. Really snug in here.

Comment 3, leafy lanes and tippy tappies engaged.
WooHooo! This is ace! Want one. Love the sound.

Mission accomplished.
Indoctrination 101 10/10.

·
26,092 Posts
when you ain't had the car out for a few weeks even a drive home from work is fab , shame about the amount of rd salt though !!!! no idea why so much is down when it says 12 degrees outside
They saw sun, thought (open top sports cars) and got carried away.

2181 - 2200 of 2255 Posts