Mercedes SLK World banner

2141 - 2160 of 2185 Posts

·
Registered 2018 SLC43
639 Posts
EIGHTY (count 'em) ONE in Dallas at 4:30, dropped the top to go a short distance to the gym. Did my thing, then went for a longer than usual boulevard blast into the sunset. Just a touch of red sky as I hit that strip along the [unlisted] airport. Kept the hammer down until I hit 100 as I got an early jump this time. No traffic in sight, guess everyone was at the Super Bowl. What a screamer! They must have fixed the road cuz no wheel hop or wiggle at 55 this time. Life is good.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
230 Posts
The cold weather was finally beginning to break and promised a few days of 50º F + temps. After a month of snow and slushy weather driving conditions since the last break, I knew La Bête needed another bath. I am sure the undercarriage was screaming ‘why me’ with all the road crud it had to endure. Penciled in ‘La Bête bath’ for Saturday.

Saturday arrived and the temps were still in the mid 30ºs. As I was off to the Parish Hall to do some treasurer’s work, the top stayed up. Taxes done, I stepped outside at 1400 into the sunshine. Warmer, but as La Bête had a bath scheduled, the top stayed up. Off to the car wash and a month’s worth of grime was washed away. The temp was now 51º F. Close enough. Using my trusty micro-fiber cloths I kept in the car, I did a double down: a quick wipe-down, followed by a top down. Drove to the grocers to pick up a few things and then home. Parked La Bête in the garage with the top still down, expecting to do a bit more sunny-time driving Sunday morning.

Sunday morning was already in the 50ºs when I drove to church. After coffee hour, I stepped outside and thought about the chores I still needed to get done at home. I had just lowered myself into the drivers seat when a quiet voice whispered….

“Drive”.

Should I?

“Drive”.

All thought of driving home vanished in an instant. I quickly though about where.

The voice again….

“It doesn’t matter”.

Okay, I will go to a few places around town and then home for chores. Temp was 61º.

First stop was the Big House. Nice photo op.

Then off to the Command and General Staff College. Another good photo op.

When I got back into La Bête I was thinking it was time to go home and do my chores .

The voice….

“We didn’t drive…”

No, we hadn’t.

Decision made, I pushed the media button and selected ‘Paranoid’. Speed and curvy roads.

Off across the Missouri River and into some hilly, backwoods roads. Then onto the interstate to get some distance from home. Which exit should I take?

The voice…

“One we have never taken before”.

Onto an untravelled exit into an area I have never been. A bit of exploration then back onto a main road that would take me home. It was getting late and I did have some chores to complete.

As I pull into the garage I quietly whispered…

“Thank you voice….”

That evening the Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl. That added a nice finish to a very enjoyable day....

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,469 Posts
Finally got the 55 out for a drive.

Black clouds on the horizon?
So what, not been together for a few weeks.
IT HAS TO BE DONE!
Very light rain but headed for the blue skies.
Stereo off, Nav off, Heater off, soundtrack on bimble, blip, brum.

Love really is the sweetest thing.

Now to sort the niggles.
Just as soon as the grin muscles relax.

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
657 Posts
It's been gorgeous here in Florida for the past few days, cold but sunny. I'll take that over rain and grey any day.

Got the top down and was given 'Save By Grace' pamphlet (maybe he's trying to tell me something) while waiting at the red light by this Catholic guy. He said he liked my car that I'm really pretty. I don't see why he'd lie ;)

SLK is such a man magnet car :giggle:

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,936 Posts

·
621 Posts
How does one get sunburn at 65 degrees?
This is the high desert. Actually the west end of my runway is 4170 feet above (mean) sea level. Ultra violet light at this altitude can burn you at freezing temps!
Oh, yeah and I the fair skin/hair from western European ancestors.

·
Long Time Member 2005 slk350
3,682 Posts
had a top down drive this afternoon to see the lads cleaning the 10 Ambulances possibly contaminated with coronavirus that we had , busy lads doing a great job for us all.
Then took back rd home and put the car away....but swapped gear over into the fiesta as i am going snow hunting in the Yorkshire dales on monday to see how its winter tyres get on

·
621 Posts
Way th' heck out in the open desert for a top-down cruise.That's the border wall being built at about a mile a day. If I had a stronger arm I could throw rocks in to Mexico.

A little car in a Big Country.

A local mystery is this Christmas Bush. Some wag keeps it decorated with Christmas ornaments year 'round.

Another local mystery. Stone sculptures. Rocks stacked up for no discoverable purpose.

Brought to you by the Committee for Putting Things on Top of Other Things.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,936 Posts
They do the same sort of thing here

Called Inukshuk.

Traditionally, they were used by the Inuit in the north as directional markers. An Inukshuk in the shape of a person signifies safety, hope and friendship. ... Inuksuit have been transformed into a symbol of hope and friendship that transcends borders to reach people all over the world.

·
Long Time Member 2005 slk350
3,682 Posts
So no top down and no slk !!!

But i made most of my day off in the wife's 90bhp tdi Fiesta , on its winter tyres in the yorkshire Dales
Did i have as much fun as in the slk.....hummmm almost.
hope you like the pics and the mods let me off as its not the slk 😉
So now i need to trade the tdi for a fiesta St with a extra 110 bhp.....bet that fun.
OI000056.JPG
OI000061.JPG
20200210_123526-01.jpeg
20200210_115735-01.jpeg

2141 - 2160 of 2185 Posts