Mercedes SLK World banner

2121 - 2140 of 2185 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,227 Posts
After giving Mabel a wash and dry this morning, I took a top down drive before stopping in for lunch at a nearby restaurant with the family. Only 5c but dry, and I was cosy enough with the seat and heater turned on. :)

·
Long Time Member 2005 slk350
3,682 Posts
early morning top down run over the humber bridge this morning ..... only showed 4 on the outside temp but was nice and warm inside. had a glance at the new Porsche main dealers that opens on Monday next to the bridge.
strange all the cars in stock have been chosen in the worst colours i have seen in a long time !! yuk

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
40 Posts
Me Sir, I did, And best of all, I remembered to wipe the roof dry before I folded it into the boot! Also bought a dehumidifier bag from Halfords to see if I could dry out the interior a bit after the last time I used it roof down and forgot to wipe the roof and filled the boot with water! It was a really bright day but ye gods, it was cold.

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
657 Posts
It's been raining so much in Florida because of global warming, definitely not a hoax so whenever I get the opportunity to put the down top even for 5 minutes I'll take it.

Driving with the top down while the sun is out does so much for my vibration . Great way to meditate 😊

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
972 Posts
It was 37F this AM on the drive to work, but it was sunny and not much cloud in the sky, so down came the roof. At my daily Starbucks shop, one barista remarked that it must be fun to drive top down in the cold while sun was up. I responded, yup... with heat vents, air scarf and bum warmer on, it sure is fun.... wanna come join me? :D

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200 Komp 'Silkie Growler'
400 Posts
I thought I'd see just how much oomph the little growler has in sports mode and if the changes occur on the redline. It's oomphy and they do ;)
I'm starting to feel a little annoyed that I didn't get a 350 given that they cost the same money :unsure:
But I'd only get into more trouble quicker, so I think I'm in the right car 💓

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
657 Posts
I love my 250 but I wish I had gotten the 350! My next SLK will definitely be a red 350 😍

I thought I'd see just how much oomph the little growler has in sports mode and if the changes occur on the redline. It's oomphy and they do ;)
I'm starting to feel a little annoyed that I didn't get a 350 given that they cost the same money :unsure:
But I'd only get into more trouble quicker, so I think I'm in the right car 💓

·
Premium Member 2011 SLK200
476 Posts

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
657 Posts
I put the top down today during rush hour headed to Publix to get some cheesecake = big mistake! Heavy traffic is so nerve-wracking and lot of stares set off my anxiety!
tenor (1).gif

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200 Komp 'Silkie Growler'
400 Posts
@Melania How horrible for you. I hate it when that happens. Hope you’re feeling better now.
I put the top down today during rush hour headed to Publix to get some cheesecake = big mistake! Heavy traffic is so nerve-wracking and lot of stares set off my anxiety!
View attachment 571396

2121 - 2140 of 2185 Posts