Mercedes SLK World banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,773 Posts
@Trev5 did u say it rained just after you took those nice pics? Just look at those clouds.... o_O I am surprised you even managed a top down drive (and time for quick pics) in that condition...

·
Registered 2000 SLK230
29 Posts
I had the top down today after some months contemplating what to do with my leaking main hydraulic ram
I scoured the threads on SLK World and found enough positive reviews on the "O"-ring fix to go ahead with it
The package arrived this week so wasted no time conducting my DIY Vario project
Incidentally, just after I experienced the dreaded public half up, half down roof, I witnessed the parcel shelf collide with the roof episode which bent some brackets
Anyway, I fixed the ram and straightened the brackets, lubed up the little flappers, topped up the reservoir and dropped the top for a run in the sun

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,166 Posts
Bit of an overload of pics.
The pictures are from connemara, mostly between Maam Valley and kylemore towards Clifden
I know those roads John. Where are you based?
Myself, if I had the choice, right now I’d be in Kings Bar in Roundstone.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,166 Posts
Ahh, I'm a townie, GALWAY city, its so easy (besides the sets of roadworks) to get to connemara and some nice roads with fabulous views
My wife is a Galway girl. Until a week ago her parents lived at Carnmore Cross.

·
Super Moderator (UK)
30,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Filled it up and we went to Oxford for the other one’s matriculation.
I think I like driving topless in this weather even more than in the summer - when it’s hot and I want the shade - lovely heated seats and air scarf.
I like crispy mornings because the last thing others expect is a tinless top car passing by.
Nice and snug in our cockpits.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,849 Posts
A great way to boost the spirits! After giving Mabel a good spruce up, I took a leisurely top down drive around some of my favourite local roads yesterday. Some beautiful autumn colours to the trees. Arrived back home with a big smile on my face. :)

·
Registered 2018 SLC43
69 Posts
A great way to boost the spirits! After giving Mabel a good spruce up, I took a leisurely top down drive around some of my favourite local roads yesterday. Some beautiful autumn colours to the trees. Arrived back home with a big smile on my face. :)
I think I saw Mabel parked at the Foundry on Friday?

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,959 Posts
A heart warming SLK post, during these CV-19 times (y)
PS: Any pictures of the Scottish Autumn colours?

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,849 Posts
A heart warming SLK post, during these CV-19 times (y)
PS: Any pictures of the Scottish Autumn colours?
Sorry Trev, Was so busy enjoying the drive I forgot to take any. :(

Reactions: Ricrob and Trev5

·
Super Moderator (UK)
30,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Shopping for the olds. Managed to pack and cover with the roof.
Great fun down the lanes. Occasionally catching a glimpse in the rear view mirrors.
Watching a cloud of multi coloured leaves, like wind torn tartan.

Than had a panic attack.
Two cars pulled up and someone lying flat on the pavement.
Well known blackspot for biped potting.
Turned out to be a couple bought a car, without jack or spanner for the wheel.
Fitted two second hand tyres & BOTH had blown.
Got the shopping out and the other helper got one wheel off.

Onwards to the olds.
Return trip and thought I check if they had got sorted.

One wheel fixed, but the other had 3 over tight nuts.
Nipped home and brought the breaker bar to them (had the same issue this very year).
All sorted.

Back to making tartan in the wake of the AMG.

Shame on our restrictions. Scotland, Lakes, Peaks and Wales are all begging to be driven right now.
Soon ... maybe. A milk run to Glasgow perhaps.

·
Super Moderator (UK)
30,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
"quiet back road I've not driven down before"
Say no more, sir.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
295 Posts
I competed in that endurance event with my friend in his Z4 coupe. Friday afternoon left my house at 3pm. Got to Tower Bridge London at 9pm. Briefing then departed at 10pm. 1st check point was Ullapool harbor. Then Scourie on the north coast 500 route then finish line at Dunrobin Castle o. Scotland East coast. 730 miles. 11 competitors, finished 6th. Winning time 11hr 14 mins in a Jag XKR. We finished about 13hrs but kept stopping for photos in Scotland as the sun came up. Absolutely stunning up there.
Got home Sunday 8pm after 1498 miles.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts