Mercedes SLK World banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,959 Posts
My R172 was is for a "B Service" yesterday & have a few issues looked at...
On collection I could have proceeded straight home, or with a lull in the rain take the scenic long route home via "Kingsclere" - Pictured here at "White Hill"

A fine fluffy cloud day..!!

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
15,135 Posts
Ya know, I don't usually post in this thread cuz well, it's just about a drive.

I went for a 3 hour drive (no reference to Gilligans Island, thank you 😉 ) . Well, it's an hour after I got home and I'm still in a euphoric mood.

Been about a week as fall chores and crappy weather take precedent about having fun.

Right now, I could have everyone yelling at me for one transgression or another and

I feel that good 😁 😁 😁

·
2,959 Posts
With the dry and sunny days now becoming few & far between, took advantage of a slight break in the rainy weather and had a flying visit to the Cotswold's:

The day started well when I spotted a Austin Martin Vanquish pulling into Cliveden National Trust/Five star Hotel with a "B1518" number plate (Has a red Trade Plate due to this being a development vehicle, apparently..) Which I only whatched on "Harry's Garage" YouTube channel last week, so must being doing the rounds...?
Link to the Video, for those who fancy a V12 in their car collection - But if You have to ask how much, You can't afford it.....:
Anyway, onward past Oxford & first stop for lunch was "Charlbury", which is a small but quaint Cotswold's village:

Continuing along the lovely "B4437" driving road to "Burford" with it's quirky main street:

....for a wonder & some retail therapy (Not for Me, I add...) - Though did spot this useful Gift: (y)

Heading back, was hoping to grab a nice autumn colour's SLK type picture, but with the next rain front already on it's way, was not to be.....

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,579 Posts
That close and you didn't stop in to help me clean my SLK Trev? :oops:
Sorry, meant stop in for a brew ;)
I hope you managed to get afternoon tea if you wanted it - we were there at 4.10pm the other day and the cafes had stopped serving:confused:

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,773 Posts
So @Trev5 how much is that V12 AM Vanquish, again? :p

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
631 Posts
I just got back home from from the store.
Put the groceries' on the passenger floor so I could get the top down :cool:
12 degrees C outside, but it was fun and maybe the last time this year.
Downloading the videos right now so I got something to watch during the winter...

·
Registered 2016 SLK250D
166 Posts
Very nice pics! They make me smile, as it's in my parish - Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset. I can see why convertibles are so popular in the UK - we really do have a great environment for it. OK it rains a bit, but not as much as the clichés - and you live around that. And the old A-roads that have all been bypassed by motorways are awesome driving now!

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
15,135 Posts

·
Super Moderator (UK)
30,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
A SmartTop testing day.
Had shopping for the olds, so out comes the 55.
Amazing what you can pack in the boot and still drop the lid.

One of those amazing sunshine, tropical shower, amazing sun with high glare days.
No floods for once.
Nice 'trundle' through leafy country lanes.
Decided to dodge the beach.
Kids off school, covid, parking etc.

Happy, happy.

·
Registered 2000 SLK200
38 Posts
Made use of the fine weather here in the west of Ireland today, 12°c and some sunshine

Attachments

·
Registered 2000 SLK200
38 Posts
Bit of an overload of pics.
The pictures are from connemara, mostly between Maam Valley and kylemore towards Clifden

Attachments

·
2,959 Posts
Had an afternoon drive out around some Hampshire Lanes today - Have to say, the trees leading up My drive (Not!) to the public road are looking very fine this time of year...!!

Now I know AMG's are quick, but can they really go back in time to the 1960's..?

Heading towards Winchester:

So much for a clean car, it rained soon after taking this picture:

141 - 160 of 181 Posts