Mercedes SLK World banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,095 Posts
On the way out for a sip at the Ontex Belvedere Bistro, Lac de Bourget, France's biggest natural lake, is shown here with Chambery and the Belledonne Alps in the background.

View attachment 583584
J'aime beaucoup un petit Chambery comme apéro 🥂

trans: I love a glass of Chambéry (an aromatic vermouth) as an aperitif!

·
1,095 Posts
Zoomed around town in A mode. If you don't have it, get it! I was seriously considering moving to a 350, but now I've no need!

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
45 Posts
Out and about again, its too good to miss at the moment and what a way to go from A to B and if you're gonna go, go with the top down of course.

This time we went up to 2000m at Col de la Madeleine which la Tour de France will cross from the slopes Maurienne to Tarentaise on their way to Col de la Loze @Meribel a well know ski resort for many Brits.The SLK sailed the Maurienne ascension via St Francois de Longchamps taking us to our halt for mountain walks towards hidden lakes at the pass 2000m

Col de La Madeleine is one of the more "open" passes to cross, with glorious views smack onto the flancs of Mt Blanc, and delicious Myrtille berry tarts at the local bistro.

We descended the way the cyclist contestants will on September 16th via Celliers. A part of that descent has very, narrow and steep road with poor road surfaces in many curves, it's a dangerous road, so I wander how they will fare.

The SLK sailed down luckily for us noone on the roads apart from Sardinian bikers and a few cyclists. Amazing as the Col is a favourite for many in camper vans.

Marvelous day out, marvelous French Alps countryside in a marvelous car

We're lucky I wonder how many can zoom like us with Mt Blanc as a backdrop. If you're wondering, its 24degsC at the pass, 32 in the valley below

·
1,095 Posts
Do like the first Head to Head picture (y)
The Hyacinth Red R172/55 looks stunning in the picture, real shame I was busy and couldn't make it......
Next time :)

Reactions: Trev5

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,847 Posts
On the way out for a sip at the Ontex Belvedere Bistro, Lac de Bourget, France's biggest natural lake, is shown here with Chambery and the Belledonne Alps in the background.
Thanks for sharing Your SLK Pictures - Lovely driving area in France You live..!!
We have driven over the "Col de Chat" and through "Chambery" quite a few times while heading South, rather than staying on the Peage Toll Network. If You scroll to the bottom of "Page 1" of this Link, Day 2 stopped at the same view point...!!
This Picture was from our 2015 trip - Same View point - But hazy July day..!!

Just the other side of "Col de Chat" is this nice view, with a picnic table in the shade:

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
45 Posts
Yes its most certainly a lovely area, we're lucky to have the Bourget lake, Col du Chat, Nivolet, les Bauges and Le Grenier at our doorstep.
No wonder I bought the SLK, and of course it had to have more than 4 cylinders :p :p your's even better,
Weather's hazy today too, but I think the tour de France cyclists will be roasting today, they travel through Gresivaudan valley and climb the Col de La Madeleine which I showed in a later post. Good luck to them

·
2,847 Posts
Making the most of the September sunny weather, had a nice run out to the Cotswolds to meet up with another SLKworld member.
Avoiding the North Oxford Ring Road traffic, found the B4437 either side of Charlbury to be an excellent SLK driving Road, with nice views:

Now this bit of the "B4437" may look familiar..??

For those who watch "Harry's Garage" YouTube Channel:
Onward to Burford Garden Centre:

This is My bit to helping out the current CV-19 UK economy:

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
45 Posts
Making the most of the September sunny weather, had a nice run out to the Cotswolds to meet up with another SLKworld member.
Avoiding the North Oxford Ring Road traffic, found the B4437 either side of Charlbury to be an excellent SLK driving Road, with nice views:
View attachment 584291
Now this bit of the "B4437" may look familiar..??
View attachment 584292
For those who watch "Harry's Garage" YouTube Channel:
Onward to Burford Garden Centre:
View attachment 584293
This is My bit to helping out the current CV-19 UK economy:
View attachment 584294
Definately looks like a lovely SLK raod AND SLK cake. Was it Lemon or Ginger?

Reactions: Trev5

·
2,847 Posts
Definately looks like a lovely SLK road AND SLK cake. Was it Lemon or Ginger?
Victoria Sponge actually - So plain vanilla sponge, with jam and cream filling....!! (y)

Due to the excellent SLK parking and plenty for the partners to look at in the garden centre....
Would make an excellent SLK midweek meet point:

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,478 Posts
Victoria Sponge actually - So plain vanilla sponge, with jam and cream filling....!! (y)

Due to the excellent SLK parking and plenty for the partners to look at in the garden centre....
Would make an excellent SLK midweek meet point:
And can be combined with an easy walk to the very popular Burford High Street (y)

121 - 139 of 139 Posts