Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1361 - 1380 of 1395 Posts

·
*Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
411 Posts
Thursday saw me driving to Waltham Abbey from Witney - but top up as I needed the boot space. Blissfully cool aircon made the journey SO enjoyable, even with current fuel prices. But Saturday and Sunday were top-down tootling days to a couple of aerodromes, plus the 'Secret Nuclear Bunker' at Kelvedon and the delightful Blackmore Tea Rooms!
Back home yesterday; top up on the M25 which was just as well as I was stuck for 20 min as a truck accident ahead was cleared. +33.5°C on the OAT display, but as soon as I could on the A41 I pulled over to lower the roof, then drove home via Aylesbury and Bicester. Foot down to overtake a couple of HGVs in convoy at one point - I hope there weren't any cameras around! What a pig's breakfast the A41 now is though, with all those roundabouts and speed limits....

Many AMG smiles per gallon though, even after paying a shocking £1.94 per gallon for E10 at the Bourne End Shell services.....

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
519 Posts
Oh dear. Took the car out top down the motorway. Going so well. The missus next to me with her long hair blowing everywhere. Right off for fuel next but due to the que as everyone has found the local she'll garage 10p cheaper that the local ASDA (1.75) as sun beating the roof went up and aircon on.
Then we noticed I was getting nice cold air but not on her side. 2 mins later some squeaking and then that fan started knocking louder and louder. Sounds like it has come loose.
Now no fans at all in the car. Not great so garage Monday and expecting a big ish bill as I would have thought the dash may have to come out. 🙏🤞Wait and see.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
3,924 Posts
Oh dear. Took the car out top down the motorway. Going so well. The missus next to me with her long hair blowing everywhere. Right off for fuel next but due to the que as everyone has found the local she'll garage 10p cheaper that the local ASDA (1.75) as sun beating the roof went up and aircon on.
Then we noticed I was getting nice cold air but not on her side. 2 mins later some squeaking and then that fan started knocking louder and louder. Sounds like it has come loose.
Now no fans at all in the car. Not great so garage Monday and expecting a big ish bill as I would have thought the dash may have to come out. 🙏🤞Wait and see.
changing the fan is a diy task if you are a little handy with screwdriver ect... think we have a thread or 2 about them. Myk has done his from memory

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
41,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,368 ·
David, limber up with a bit of yoga, sit upside down in passenger seat.
Nowt complicated, just fiddly.

working one side is odd. But you’ll see cabin filter and perhaps something blocking.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
3,924 Posts
Also concerned why we were getting air con driver's side but not passenger side.
think something like duo valve allows it to be cold on one side and hot on the other , they also pack up but not sure they are in the dash...more like engine bay from memory

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280 "Benzie"
84 Posts
Hi,
think something like duo valve allows it to be cold on one side and hot on the other , they also pack up but not sure they are in the dash...more like engine bay from memory
Frogfoot, you are right...
When your airco is one side cold, the other not... The problem will likely be the duo valve...
A SLK college driving a 350 had this same problem a little while ago.
This duo valve is situated in the engine bay, just under the battery tray. Quite difficult and very narrow to reach...
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electronic musical instrument Audio equipment

He wrote a topic at a German SLK forum. Yeah, in German...
But we are getting off-topic (again... sorry...)
Nicer to write and read about top down and sunny warm weather... 😎 👍

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280 "Benzie"
84 Posts
It is very good weather in the Netherlands, so I drive nearly every day a bit just for fun...
This week 2 times to the school of my wife. For some celebrations... 🎈🎉
My love is stopping with her work, not at her pension age yet. A year earlier...
Coming week is her last week, there will be 2 other celebrations about her leaving.
She is very, very popular with her little students (between 6 and 8 years) and colleagues.
And the summer holidays are starting at the end of coming week.
So I will be driving to her school also... topdown with this weather... Tuesday it will be nearly 40º C 😱
30 km on little nice roads... driving to fast (of course...) 👨‍✈️, but every time a joy!

·
41,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,374 ·
Hmm.
The OH decided she needed to shop and it had zero to do with me coming home grinning like the proverbial Cheshire Cat after my run earlier.

lovely run through Cynwyd to Bala.

And a happier OH.

Not happy enough to get up early and join me jollying the Welsh lanes in the morning tho.

·
41,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,375 ·
Another morning run around North Wales.
Reservoirs looking a tad dry.

Cloud Car Tire Wheel Sky
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape
Cloud Sky Natural landscape Road surface Asphalt

Plant Sky Water Cloud Car

Water Cloud Sky Water resources Plant
Water Cloud Sky Plant Water resources

Cloud Sky Plant Plant community Road surface

Sky Cloud Plant Mountain Road surface
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Slope

Cloud Sky Water Plant Ecoregion

If @frogfoot looks close, his church is in last one.

Nipped back to cottage to find Deb had done a Mary Poppins and dissected our parasol into the neighbours and smashed it into pieces.

Post lunch run aborted and hunt for replacement commenced.

Fun killer strikes again.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
3,924 Posts
Another morning run around North Wales.
Reservoirs looking a tad dry.

View attachment 616275 View attachment 616274 View attachment 616273
View attachment 616272
View attachment 616271 View attachment 616270
View attachment 616269
View attachment 616268 View attachment 616267
View attachment 616266

If @frogfoot looks close, his church is in last one.

Nipped back to cottage to find Deb had done a Mary Poppins and dissected our parasol into the neighbours and smashed it into pieces.

Post lunch run aborted and hunt for replacement commenced.

Fun killer strikes again.
looks nice and warm....and narrow roads without gates

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK350 "fastdawg"
4,800 Posts
There was no sun here for the last few days, but last week I did get the Dawg out for it's first real (short range) trip in a while and since the seat replacement (drivers seat). Went to Yellow Springs, Ohio. A small college town, we like going there, it's a bit of an Artsy community too. While we were across the street from the Dawg, a young student was going around the Dawg snapping pictures. By the time I got the camera out, he was gone. But the Dawg was looking good, so here you are! By the way, the replacement seat is awesome feeling! Thought I'd share a rare "Dawg" sighting!
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
41,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,380 ·
Yesterday she pinched the keys to the 55, wondered at the benefits of st then screamed “IT’S RAINING!”.
st to the rescue.

yet still will not have one for the 350!

I think she worries about accidental opening while toying the mirror buttons in the rain.

Ho him!

Still, as I had a driver I got to meet the Daniels family.

1361 - 1380 of 1395 Posts