Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1301 - 1320 of 1362 Posts

·
Administrator (Canada)
22,685 Posts
Not sure what MPG I got today, using the lack of milk as an excuse to get the roof (and windows!) down to go to the supermarket 5 miles away?
10 miles is not nearly long enough to get the battery up to 100% AND blow all that moisture generated out of the exhaust system. Get back out there !

·
**Premium Member 2014 SLK200
4,141 Posts
Not sure what MPG I got today, using the lack of milk as an excuse to get the roof (and windows!) down to go to the supermarket 5 miles away? But throw in the cost of petrol, depreciation, insurance, wear and tear etc, I think the milk works out about £20 a pint 😹
View attachment 614793
You clearly need lessons in how to shop in an SLK - see dockwalker's post above;)

·
*Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
405 Posts
Nice location - interesting background scenery too!!

On Friday it was a brilliant, hot sunny day here..... I was looking forward to a nice top down tootle on Saturday from Witney to White Waltham and back, mostly on quiet roads. But the day dawned grey and cool, then it rained. When I got back to the car to go home, I saw that the rain had been that 'blood rain' we get when rain falls through dusty clouds from the continent.....So lots of dusty spots all over it and it now needs a good wash!

Still, the drive home on the 'old A40' from Stokenchurch to Wheatley was fun - although I pitied those coming the other way who'd had to divert due to the M40 accident closure as the A40 was solid.....

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280 "Benzie"
69 Posts
Hi,
Meteora Greece
Nice locarion - interesting background scenery too!!
That "background scenery" didn't fit in your SLK... 😭
And wasn't there, in the beginning of May, when my wife and I visited Meteora...

I had this weekend again a great party with my former motorbike club.
So my tent and sleeping gear in the back of Benzie and hit the road.
Very sunny and warm weather on Saturday, of course, driving top down to my friends...
Arriving with a big smile and playing the music of Willy Nelson "on the road again" loud...
The party and fun could begin... 😎😋🍻🍗🍖🍔🍻😋🤪 Party till aprox 3 in the morning...
A bit later in the morning, nearly noon... raining... a few good coffee, with roof up, driving home.

·
*Registered
642 Posts
After a trip the other day, approximately 180-190 miles and the showers in Saturday, DaDude was dirty as .... and today was a bath day! With some scratch remover time and turtle wax after. The only unpleasant thing after all of it was the petrol station like just now with the roof down and 22°C on the dash.
The unpleasant, as the 99 on shell is over 2£ now. And for first, I filled the tank with 95 (E10). The wallet still hurts

Attachments

·
*Registered
642 Posts
And that is only just over half a tank……..
That is top-up after the trip! The trip odometer from the last refill is with 20-40 miles city drive and the trip I had last Friday.

I had a 1/4 left and this time I mixed 1/2 bottle of redex with 500-600 ml I had in the jug, as I couldn't remember when was the last time I used it.

So 3/4 for me!

Attachments

1301 - 1320 of 1362 Posts