Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1081 - 1100 of 1106 Posts

·
**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
4,089 Posts
Useful site to see what's coming weatherwise:
I use the MetOffice Rain Radar - Same data, but less adverts...!!
Changing to the "Satellite Visible" (Only during day light hours..!!) is useful to see where the sun is or not..
Map Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

Yesterday it showed the lovely sunny morning & just as I departed for the Dentist @ 12:45,
The cloud rolled in from the North/West....

Then by the time I departed the Dentist & got lost on the way home - As You do....!!
I had to use the SmartTop at one point as the drizzle rolled in - But did snap this picture in one of our many North Hampshire villages, just a shame the sun wasn't in attendance...
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
431 Posts
Right. Just started the MoonTrash2 Cannonball run. Left Wakefield at 10am, picked up my co driver en route, had a driver's brief at Sevens and Classics at Brands Hatch at 5.30 and just at the first Total petrol station off the Eurotunnel.
First leg to the actual start of the event 282 miles.
Just been given our first checkpoint....Valence is the South of France...536 miles away and 7hr 37 mins away. 13 more checkpoints after that...can't wait 😄😄😄😄😄

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
17,999 Posts
Right. Just started the MoonTrash2 Cannonball run. Left Wakefield at 10am, picked up my co driver en route, had a driver's brief at Sevens and Classics at Brands Hatch at 5.30 and just at the first Total petrol station off the Eurotunnel.
First leg to the actual start of the event 282 miles.
Just been given our first checkpoint....Valence is the South of France...536 miles away and 7hr 37 mins away. 13 more checkpoints after that...can't wait 😄😄😄😄😄
Have a safe run Davyd. Enjoy the scenery where possible but most of all have fun and keep it on the grey stuff. :devilish:(y):D
Look forward to seeing the videos / photos! :)

Reactions: Trev5

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
546 Posts
Not me unfortunately; top down but no sun! The weather forecast showed a 7% chance of rain today so I thought I'd give the SLK a run out to top up the battery. I should have known better, two miles down the road it was raining hard. I'm sure that all of us without Smarttops have faced this issue, but what do you do when it's raining too hard to stop and put the roof up?

Keeping going at 50mph plus kept the rain out, a few roundabouts meant I had to slow and got a bit wet. Lucky the traffic was light so I didn't have to slow too often. 25 seconds to raise the roof seems to take forever when the rain is lashing down!

Every time this happens to me I swear I'll get a Smarttop, perhaps this time I will! ☔

Car Vehicle Hood Plant Motor vehicle

·
*Registered
2012 SLK350
37 Posts
The 7% chance of rain @JasonH1969 mentioned above meant we managed a day out with the top down too (no rain in Yorkshire for a change(y)). First stop The Carting Shed near Holmfirth ('Last of the Summer Wine' country) - was good food and great trip out. Then on to the 330m tall Emley Moor Transmitter as we were in the area ...

Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
431 Posts
So we left near Montelimar in the south of France at half 9 this morning in the SLK. The weather had been on and off on the motorway with heavy rain so the roof has stayed up. We finished 7 out of 11 in the event. It has been great but this one was very tiring and I need to get back to Wakefield so expecting a 1 am finish.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
17,999 Posts
Beautiful day on Saturday so dropped the top and, after picking my lady up from Balloch, I took a leisurely drive to Strathlachlan to show her Castle Lachlan (the old castle and the new one which is the home of my clan chief Ewan) and then called round to Inveraray to eat fish suppers overlooking Loch Fyne. :)

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
546 Posts

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
546 Posts
So we left near Montelimar in the south of France at half 9 this morning in the SLK. The weather had been on and off on the motorway with heavy rain so the roof has stayed up. We finished 7 out of 11 in the event. It has been great but this one was very tiring and I need to get back to Wakefield so expecting a 1 am finish.
Great adventure and result, Well done!

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
431 Posts
FRANCE....Am I ready? MoonTrash2 awaits! - YouTube

Lets see if this link works better
This is the prep/build up to this event and seeing what other cars were competing against me and my co-driver.
I am working on the event video and a follow up on.
The SLK performed faultless. I think it was probably one of the best all round cars for this event.

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
431 Posts
So today I have been running up and down the snake pass getting footage for a couple more videos to edit over the winter. Fell so lucky with the weather. With me there from 7.30 this morning I have seen 3 Mclaren's, Ferrari 488, AMG GT roadster, 911 GT3 RS, TVR's, more Porsche. It felt like everyone was thinking, this may be the last chance before winter sets in.

Attachments

1081 - 1100 of 1106 Posts