Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1061 - 1080 of 1106 Posts

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
134 Posts
PS - The building you see is called the Drovers Arms. About 50 years ago I remember planning a drive up to this place, which obviously sounded like a pub on the ordnance survey map. I thought great, I’ll have lunch there and enjoy a pint. Little did I know that many years before what used to be a pub had been closed and commandeered by the army, as it is right in the middle of one of their training grounds. It was called the Drovers Arms and still is to this day. I don’t think a pint has been pulled in this place since WW2 when the area was taken over for military training. I remember being very disappointed at being denied my much anticipated lunch and a pint!

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
37,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,063 ·
Lovely Wirral lanes drive yesterday.
Weather was cold and windy, but the sun was out, the leaves turning golden.
Simply could not resist.

Not one other topless car. Not even MX5s.

Only in a tee and wonderfully cossetted by the SLK.

Got flashed a couple of times. I think my dazzling SLK must have been blinding them.

Pondering a trip to Pickering.
There's a forest drive there that is magical during this season especially.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
3,834 Posts
Lovely Wirral lanes drive yesterday.
Weather was cold and windy, but the sun was out, the leaves turning golden.
Simply could not resist.

Not one other topless car. Not even MX5s.

Only in a tee and wonderfully cossetted by the SLK.

Got flashed a couple of times. I think my dazzling SLK must have been blinding them.

Pondering a trip to Pickering.
There's a forest drive there that is magical during this season especially.
Vehicle Car Plant Building Automotive tire

a bit of off road is required 😉

·
*Premium Member
No SLK at the moment, used to have R171 55 AMG
352 Posts
I've been really busy with work for the last few weeks, including some weekends, so haven't had much of a chance to get out with the roof down - but finally today we've had a bit of sun and I had some errands to run!

A few showers on 'the long way around' journey, and I was really thankful for the Smart-Top! Also great to see a few other SLKs with the lids down too.

This may have been one of my last drives in 'Sleeky 2', I've found another toy that I really want and I'm out of space so she may have to go. I've been offered a decent part-ex price for her, but may put her up for sale - will advertise on here if I do (y)

Wheel Sky Tire Car Vehicle

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350 “Misty”
67 Posts
I've been really busy with work for the last few weeks, including some weekends, so haven't had much of a chance to get out with the roof down - but finally today we've had a bit of sun and I had some errands to run!

A few showers on 'the long way around' journey, and I was really thankful for the Smart-Top! Also great to see a few other SLKs with the lids down too.

This may have been one of my last drives in 'Sleeky 2', I've found another toy that I really want and I'm out of space so she may have to go. I've been offered a decent part-ex price for her, but may put her up for sale - will advertise on here if I do (y)

View attachment 606127
Oh no, what are you looking at ?

·
37,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,074 ·
Needed to post some UK SLKWorld cards out (UK see link in my signature to get yours).

Choices:-
1. walk 50 metres to post box.
2. drop top and drive to box.

Option 2. Obviously.
Sun is out, it is autumn and a chance to ensure the roof works. Sadly, I could not park by the box.
Nor the next one, or the next...etc etc.

Took me ages to find a parking spot.
OH will not believe that I only posted a letter and insists that I took the 55 for a drive down the lanes.

I is in trouble.

·
37,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,075 ·
Sunshine, snow & rooster tails.

You guessed.
Had to go to doctors and after a lengthy visit (1.5 hrs) what else could I do with the sun shinning in Autumn?
Roof dropped and away we go.
Good run circulating the lanes around Chester & a nip through the city.
During the slow, city traffic the golden leaves were falling like those soft snow flurries of winter.

Then a run through Wirral's lanes, covered in golden brown leaves.
Every now and then I'd glimpse a rooster tail of fallen leaves in the mirrors.
Had to be disciplined not to just stare at the mirrors in awe of nature.

Feel good factor 10 added to a health check that was 10/10 too.

Good to be alive and in an SLK.

·
*Registered
2012 SLK350
71 Posts
Tried to:

Cleaned the car up this morning whilst it was sunny. Got in, put the roof down, drove out the driveway in the sunshine ..... .....annnnnnnnnd then it was gone, litterally as I was turning out onto the road, it was light rain instead.. Pulled over after 20 seconds and the roof was back up again .... been drizzling since.... 🤬

·
**Premium Member 2014 SLK200
3,691 Posts
Tried to:

Cleaned the car up this morning whilst it was sunny. Got in, put the roof down, drove out the driveway in the sunshine ..... .....annnnnnnnnd then it was gone, litterally as I was turning out onto the road, it was light rain instead.. Pulled over after 20 seconds and the roof was back up again .... been drizzling since.... 🤬
Useful site to see what's coming weatherwise:

·
37,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,079 ·
1061 - 1080 of 1106 Posts