Mercedes SLK World banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,478 Posts
Curiosity got the better of me windy so I looked it up, Birdlip is a place and the round trip from Gloucester looks amazing, you live in a beautiful part of the world
I consider myself very fortunate to have so much beautiful countryside and so many great roads to drive when exploring it.
Round trip this evening was out via Burford and on to Cirencester on the B4425 passing through Bibury then on up the very pretty A4355 to Seven Springs. From there a short hop on the A436 over to the Birdlip lookout for a light picnic [out of the car!] and then watch the sunset which can be spectacular but nothing special this evening.
From the lookout back through Birdlip village [opted not to explore Birdlip Hill at 1:6 gradient:eek:] to Stroud via the Slad valley on the B4070. From Stroud on the London Road through Brimscombe, Chalford and up Cowcombe Hill to pick up the A419 at Aston Down by the Gliding club. Home via Cirencester and Fairford just as darkness was falling. Windinherhair took full advantage of heated seats, airscarf and a blanket ;)
I could use a Dash Cam and post some clips but in reality it is the views to left and right that are most interesting.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
290 Posts
Northern England Ultimate Drives.
started the report for this under the road trips report section

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG/2009 SLK55 AMG
289 Posts
The wife and I managed to get out this morning before it got too hot. We had a nice drive and some coffee. We met another SLK owner who had an '01 SLK 230. I handed him a business card of course.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
29,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Top down, windows down, ac off. 31C and a trip around the Wirral.
Chores to do in the middles, but too good to pass up some 'us' time before returning to the missus.

Only downer, a cyclist, face down. Looked like he had lost it rather than being hit.
Plenty on hand, so left them to it.
Hopefully, they got the number of the * who pushed past with a body in the middle of the road.
I was too gobsmacked to believe what I was seeing to get the number.
If I'd been on the bike I might have followed to get number if safe to do so.
It's not like a diversion costs more than a few minutes from there.
No houses on that road either

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,652 Posts
Having spent the day childminding, I took Mabel for a run round some of my favourite local roads. Managed to get an hours worth of smiles before the the rain came on. (y) :)

81 - 100 of 139 Posts