Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
901 - 920 of 935 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,137 Posts
I guess in Southern California, we need to change this to "who DIDN'T get their top down today"
Can't remember last day I didn't get top down (not counting post wash).
No whining now...
Same here in the UK. I’ve always felt this was more of a Winter time thread ☺

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,137 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
320 Posts
Not posted for a while and hope everyone is keeping well. I've been busy enjoying the British summer with the top down! Although, with it being a British summer, I'm more pleased than ever with the Smart-Top 😂

Lately I've been using her as my daily driver to the office, errands, just about any excuse to take her out. I've also been using the Cali, but my business partner rolls his eyes and think's it's garish (coming from a guy who drives a Bentayga).

But as usual, Sleeky-2 tops the 'which keys shall I pick up today' competition and off we go.

Managed to get her out on a couple of decent runs too, one more memorable down to Stonehouse Court Hotel in Stroud to meet up with a few mates for breakfast, and had a bit of fun with a Tesla on the way (not sure which model, mid-size one I think). Happy to report that whilst they're quick on pick up & acceleration, they run out of steam and I sailed past, much to the frustration of the driver!
The morning was topped off with my mate pulling into the car park with his new AMG GT Convertible in stunning blue, pic below.

Long may this weather continue, and with restrictions being lifted in a little while, I'm really hoping to get to some meets. Especially if they are any around the Midlands area (y)

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
113 Posts
While the AMG GT is one helluva car I must say that your black beauty looks way more sexier. The R171, especially with AMG styling, is pretty much perfection incarnate.

·
*Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
342 Posts
Well, personally I don't like the styling of the AMG GT - I find it decidedly ugly. Whereas SLKs have an understated elegance.

M-B have now dropped the SLC from their product range and the new SL will be a rag top. So I reckon that the SLK/SLC will become a future classic.

M-B seem more concerned with very expensive AMG models and bloated Chelsea tractors these days - perhaps they'll think again but somehow I doubt it...….

·
*Registered
2016 SLC200
247 Posts
Back on topic. Down in Cornwall at the moment on holiday. Sunny some of today but all 60 miles enjoyed with the roof in the boot. Saw a nice silver SLK 200 in the car park at Chapel Porth beach but the SLK World cards weren’t to hand… sorry.

Also saw some folks leaving in an MX-5. Smugly noticed that they were transporting a body board on the passenger’s lap Which looked a bit awkward. Would have been much more awkward in a frontal impact. Smug because my bodyboard fits into the boot on the SLC!

·
* Premium Member
35,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #914 ·
but the SLK World cards weren’t to hand… sorry.
WHAT?

Sackable offense.
I've been handing these out for years and can count on one hand how many times that happened.
Might have to reuse that hand several times though.

·
Super Moderator (UK)
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
4,202 Posts
Popped over to the village of Lover for my stint in the local Repair Cafe and, of course, took Silkie along for the ride. Glorious weather, so the 4.5 mile trip turned into a rather longer journey. Late getting there - and, funnily enough, late getting back home again with another 100 miles on the clock. Still not sure how? Must've taken a wrong turning. 🤭🤭

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
2,720 Posts
Needed a new set of Pirrelli pzeros fitted on the 55, so top down on a beautiful Italy day. Most of the tire technicians had never seen a SLK55 and one asked for a ride and boy did I give him one!!!

·
* Premium Member
35,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #917 ·
Did a little 'light' polishing whilst I waited for a battery reset.

Well, it would be wrong not to test her after that.
Bad timing though, rush hour and roadworks.

Didn't bother us a bit. Roof and windows down, cruising with a blat littered here and there.
Not one SLK/C seen.
Shame on you.

Now to find the aftersun.
No, not due to top down driving. Some nut forgot to put sun cream on BEFORE polishing the car.
Still, neighbour thought Sophie was sparkling.

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
489 Posts
Popped over to the village of Lover for my stint in the local Repair Cafe and, of course, took Silkie along for the ride. Glorious weather, so the 4.5 mile trip turned into a rather longer journey. Late getting there - and, funnily enough, late getting back home again with another 100 miles on the clock. Still not sure how? Must've taken a wrong turning. 🤭🤭

View attachment 601519
It's a well known fact that SLK satnavs are stuck on the "longest, twistiest" route setting 🤣🤣

·
*Registered
2015 SLK200
83 Posts
On one of the few occasions where time off and temperatures of double figures coincide, I thought it'd be rude not to.
A wee trundle around the Yorkshire moors.

I look at this and think..

Not too shabby for the baby of the bunch :cool:

901 - 920 of 935 Posts