Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

801 - 820 of 878 Posts

·
* Registered
SLK350 R172 (2012)
29 Posts
A simple trip to work. The difference? For the first time in five weeks, I was able to take Silkie. Top down. No she's not clean. Yes she needs a polish. But we both needed the ride rather than the pampering. 😈 :p

View attachment 598323
Looks like Wiltshire had better weather than Yorkshire today - hope it's on the way up to us (what a rubbish month for rain May's been this year (n) ). Got a new grille and detailing a week ago and she's been under the covers since :(

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
435 Posts
Out and about; no pretty pictures as I was running errands (taking bottles to the recycling bins). Mid to hi 80º F, clear blue sky with some puffy clouds. The errands took longer than I thought as I accidentally passed my house a few times. My Lady was right; she stated that I would drop-off the bottles and then find a very long way home. :)
Recycling1.png

I did have Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' blasting from the speakers. :eek:

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,027 Posts
A simple trip to work. The difference? For the first time in five weeks, I was able to take Silkie. Top down. No she's not clean. Yes she needs a polish. But we both needed the ride rather than the pampering. 😈 :p

View attachment 598323
washing and polishing is for meets

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK350
993 Posts
Been out all day driving with the top down, sun out and music on.
Then the rattle started each time I went over a bump. Pulled into a garage who took a look and pulled out a broken end of one a front springs :-(
Car was safe to drive but now needs another job doing so will book it in for repair next week.

·
Administrator (UK)
34,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #810 ·
Total mess up.
The company that delivers our groceries went to the inlaws, instead of here.
Hurtled down to find a very unwell father in law had dragged the shopping in (heart & lung issues), despite us just saying to grab the fruit as I was on they way. Took me 10 mins, but no lanes and was...ahem...making progress.

The only bright spot was roof down both ways in the blazing sun. Thankfully I had F50 on, but I may have to start wearing the cap again. I swear the dazzle off my polished bonce was the cause of the tailgaters. Still, the right pedal soon fixes.

Even in adversity, SLKs make you smile at the very least.

·
* Premium Member 2018 SLC43
3,709 Posts
Had a day "Out, Out" yesterday - A sunny May Bank Holiday Sunday, so just a case on avoiding the traffic jams.... (y)
Heading West, as predicted the cloud started to burn off by "Hungerford" through the "Savernake Forest" before working our way down to "Salisbury Plain":

Next stop was "Shaftesbury" - Luckily their special SLK parking space was available..!!

Shaftesbury is a nice little town to walk around, with nice views from the park - Google Maps: Shaftesbury · Shaftesbury, UK

...and has the famous Hovis Hill...!!

Departed "Shaftesbury" heading West on the "B3081" up some nice hairpin bends onto Cranbourne Chase - Luckily the chief navigator was onboard, as a Panda car was sitting at the top...!! Next stop was "Win Green" Hill - Google Maps: National Trust - Win Green · Win Green, Donhead Hollow, Ludwell SP7 0ES, United Kingdom for lunch with a view:

The clump of trees in the back ground is "Win Green"

Heading South to the "Purbeck Hills" and passed "Corfe Castle"

Before arriving at "Swanage" - Luckily most people by this time where leaving, so got a good parking spot:

Was thinking that it 40 years since I first cycled to Swanage as a lad...
Having consumed some nice Fish & Chips + a double Ice Cream by the sea:

Had the prospect of a two hour drive home - Leaving later paid dividends, with only slow traffic past "Ringwood" but other wise a good run home.. Though always amazes Me how I get better mpg when the Cheif Navigator is on-board.....!!

·
Super Moderator (UK) 2008 Black SLK350.
1,460 Posts
Had a day "Out, Out" yesterday - A sunny May Bank Holiday Sunday, so just a case on avoiding the traffic jams.... (y)
Heading West, as predicted the cloud started to burn off by "Hungerford" through the "Savernake Forest" before working our way down to "Salisbury Plain":
View attachment 598559
Next stop was "Shaftesbury" - Luckily their special SLK parking space was available..!!
View attachment 598560
Shaftesbury is a nice little town to walk around, with nice views from the park - Google Maps: Shaftesbury · Shaftesbury, UK
View attachment 598566
...and has the famous Hovis Hill...!!
View attachment 598569
Departed "Shaftesbury" heading West on the "B3081" up some nice hairpin bends onto Cranbourne Chase - Luckily the chief navigator was onboard, as a Panda car was sitting at the top...!! Next stop was "Win Green" Hill - Google Maps: National Trust - Win Green · Win Green, Donhead Hollow, Ludwell SP7 0ES, United Kingdom for lunch with a view:
View attachment 598573
The clump of trees in the back ground is "Win Green"
View attachment 598574
Heading South to the "Purbeck Hills" and passed "Corfe Castle"
View attachment 598575
Before arriving at "Swanage" - Luckily most people by this time where leaving, so got a good parking spot:
View attachment 598580
Was thinking that it 40 years since I first cycled to Swanage as a lad...
Having consumed some nice Fish & Chips + a double Ice Cream by the sea:
View attachment 598598
Had the prospect of a two hour drive home - Leaving later paid dividends, with only slow traffic past "Ringwood" but other wise a good run home.. Though always amazes Me how I get better mpg when the Cheif Navigator is on-board.....!!
View attachment 598588
That looks stunning Trev. Thank you for posting those beautiful shots….funny thing that, when the Mrs is with me I often get up to about 28mpg!

·
* Registered
Slk 200 Kompressor 2004 1.8 163hp
38 Posts
Nice 55AMG pictures (y)
But no boot spoiler?

I guess it was named by an Estate Agent..??
Bit like when I flew over "Greenland" to the US - Clearly looked white from the 40,000 feet...!!
Thanks, it not AMG55. It's only the AMG Line, SLK200....but I think I will mount a boot spoiler.

From A.D. 800 to 1300, southern Greenland was much warmer than it is today. This means that when the Vikings first arrived, the Greenland name would make sense. But by the 14th century, maximum summer temperatures in Greenland had dropped. Lower temperatures meant fewer crops and more sea ice, forcing the local Norse population to abandon their colonies.

Blame on vikings 😋

801 - 820 of 878 Posts