Mercedes SLK World banner

761 - 780 of 786 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
419 Posts
Took Carole out yesterday afternoon, decided to go for an ice cream at Looe on the south coast, fantastic road across country from her place, sweeping, twisty roads through forested valleys along the river.

Asked her if she enjoyed the trip and she said she had no idea as she had her eyes closed for most of it!!!!

I don't think I topped 60mph at any time, but some of those bends were a bit tight. Little car was doing exactly what it was designed to do...top down sports car, great fun.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
338 Posts
So finished the drive on Saturday. From Hadrian's wall, we went up to Kielder water in Northumbria. It was just before 9am and it was so quiet as you can see from the view point car park. Then up for a coffee at a lovely little coffee shop facing Jedburgh Abbey and back through the Yorkshire Moors and via Castle Howard and back. Good mileage over the 2 days and the car needs a serious clean now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,897 Posts
So finished the drive on Saturday. From Hadrian's wall, we went up to Kielder water in Northumbria. It was just before 9am and it was so quiet as you can see from the view point car park. Then up for a coffee at a lovely little coffee shop facing Jedburgh Abbey and back through the Yorkshire Moors and via Castle Howard and back. Good mileage over the 2 days and the car needs a serious clean now.
Great pics (and drive, I’m sure). Funny what you think constitutes dirty :whistle:

·
* Registered
2005 slk 280 6 mt
1,370 Posts
Hadrians wall ..always wanted to pay that a visit,is it any good ?
From what I understand you can walk certain parts of it?

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
338 Posts
Hadrians wall ..always wanted to pay that a visit,is it any good ?
From what I understand you can walk certain parts of it?
There are lots of forts to visit. I think all are English heritage so pay to visit but I went to Chester's fort in Northumberland a few years ago with the family and quite enjoyed it. There are numerous walks and English heritage website tells you what you need to know.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,977 Posts
Not yesterday, but Saturday. Along with 19 other SLK's, I attended the first meet of the Scottish SLK owners Club.

Pleased to see some forum members made it, and some club members have joined the forum!

Attached is a wee video of part of the day.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
338 Posts
Not yesterday, but Saturday. Along with 19 other SLK's, I attended the first meet of the Scottish SLK owners Club.

Pleased to see some forum members made it, and some club members have joined the forum!

Well that was a good turnout Davie and Mable sounding tremendous. Nice that the weather held out as a bonus (did you do the jig to ward off the rain?) Hope you all had a good day.

Nice vid as well. Did you have the roof up? I only ask as I did some filming over the weekend with a go pro 4 and go pro 9 with the roof down and got loads of wind noise. You got very little in the video.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,977 Posts
Well that was a good turnout Davie and Mable sounding tremendous. Nice that the weather held out as a bonus (did you do the jig to ward off the rain?) Hope you all had a good day.

Nice vid as well. Did you have the roof up? I only ask as I did some filming over the weekend with a go pro 4 and go pro 9 with the roof down and got loads of wind noise. You got very little in the video.
Did my usual dance beforehand, and the rain stayed away until we arrived at St Andrews :)

With the roof down I used my GoPro 4 which I attached to the passenger side of the windscreen beside the mirror. I have it in the open backed skeleton case.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,897 Posts

Nice to hear Mabel on the go. What happened to the other 5 cars - are there 5 SLKs wandering the highlands? Do you still have highwaymen up there? :whistle:

Great vid. Looks like a really pleasant run. (y)

·
* Registered
2005 slk 280 6 mt
1,370 Posts
They are painted but they never done the job properly, as I found with a lot of things on slik..no primer just paint straight onto chrome plastic,noooo!.
the bonnet grill fingers had been carbon wrapped ..but it looked like 3 year old had done it ,so I pulled that rubbish off! :rolleyes:

·
* Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz SLK 230 R 170 2.3 L
99 Posts
20210509_120544.jpg

This little girl has been such a joy and pleasure to drive and own...no accidents..non smoker.always garaged..59,000 miles..two batteries and and an alternator...and regular maintenance...18 years and not a single ticket..and trust me you'd think I own stock in a petroleum plant...I love this car....wherever I go though someone always has something to prove..which they often do..it's sporty and
20210509_120559.jpg
fast enough for me...husband is to big to drive it ...so I drive it. Well it's a sunny day in Florida and it's time for a ride....love my fellow SLK owners...have an Awesome day...I'm going to.

761 - 780 of 786 Posts