Mercedes SLK World banner
21 - 40 of 1,728 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Went to the shops. Was going to fry scalp. Closed lid, tried air con. No air con. Went to mechanic. Lack of gas not the problem. 12 hour motorway drive on Sat. Hope it cools down :eek:
Sounds like Top Gear trip in the americas.

Went on a mini road trip around Suffolk and Norfolk with @Trev5 and @Mealor and visited Lowestoft and Ness Point, Gorlston and Great Yarmouth. All top down driving and the hottest day of the year. Attached is a picture taken at Ness Point.
Not sure about mini Road Trip - I just popped out for for some mid week Fish & Chips with friends...!!
But first was a visit to "Ness Point" in Lowestoft to check out the finish to the Race the Sun..

Next stop was "Gorleston-on-Sea" for the important part of the day - Which was almost a fail when the only Fish & Chip shop ran out of chips..!! Lucky a delivery of chips arrived just in time to save the day(y)
Then after an 99 Ice Cream break, had an AMG cruise through "Great Yarmouth"

Parting our own ways, I headed in land to "Bury St Edmonds to pick up some more car parts and then carried on cross country via some nice SLK roads to the A1(M) passing the Duxford Museum:

Never mind the low flying Spitfire, I also had a bird strike (Crow?) that made a hell of a thud, that made the centre light console sun-glass holder drop down...!! Lucky no damage after I cleaned it up.

Finally made it home after 8 hours & 350 mile drive out for Fish & Chips...!!

Not sure about mini Road Trip - I just popped out for for some mid week Fish & Chips with friends...!!
But first was a visit to "Ness Point" in Lowestoft to check out the finish to the Race the Sun..
View attachment 579635
Next stop was "Gorleston-on-Sea" for the important part of the day - Which was almost a fail when the only Fish & Chip shop ran out of chips..!! Lucky a delivery of chips arrived just in time to save the day(y)
Then after an 99 Ice Cream break, had an AMG cruise through "Great Yarmouth"
View attachment 579636
Parting our own ways, I headed in land to "Bury St Edmonds to pick up some more car parts and then carried on cross country via some nice SLK roads to the A1(M) passing the Duxford Museum:
View attachment 579637
Never mind the low flying Spitfire, I also had a bird strike (Crow?) that made a hell of a thud, that made the centre light console sun-glass holder drop down...!! Lucky no damage after I cleaned it up.
View attachment 579638
Finally made it home after 8 hours & 350 mile drive out for Fish & Chips...!!
View attachment 579639
Amazeballs!

Reactions: Trev5
Top down drive to a Thai Restaurant (Take Out Only) for dinner pickup. Ordered some Pad Thai, Thai Basil Fried Rice, Crispy Duck with Coconut Rice, Wonton Soup, and Tom Yum...
Car seat Car seat cover Car Vehicle Auto part

I had to drop my tablet off for repair today. Once again, I could have taken the truck, but that would be boring. :) It was another nice day without humidity and about 80 degrees, so I took full advantage of making exhaust noises and taking in the looks of other drivers.

Managed to get the top down for a little bit today when i met a few of the chaps for a trip to a very very wet yorkshire dales.
Great day out regardles of the rain...i even managed to think on my feet and turn the cars engine stright off when i hit a small....urrm puddle and coast out of it.
Thanks to the chaps for holding my bonnet open in the wind and rain while i checked the air filter for any water ingress before we swam on to tann hill.
Great fun day out
Vehicle Car Automotive design Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Vegetation Natural landscape Grass Nature reserve Tree
Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car Mid-size car
Car Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Auto part

Managed to get the top down for a little bit today when i met a few of the chaps for a trip to a very very wet yorkshire dales.
Great day out regardles of the rain...i even managed to think on my feet and turn the cars engine stright off when i hit a small....urrm puddle and coast out of it.
Thanks to the chaps for holding my bonnet open in the wind and rain while i checked the air filter for any water ingress before we swam on to tann hill.
Great fun day out View attachment 579800 View attachment 579801 View attachment 579802 View attachment 579803 View attachment 579804
That was quite a trip.

Great fun day out View attachment 579800 View attachment 579801 View attachment 579802 View attachment 579803 View attachment 579804
Pete (@frogfoot), who are these "chaps" with beautiful SLKs included in these pics? Inquiring minds will like to know.

Reactions: frogfoot
21 - 40 of 1,728 Posts