Mercedes SLK World banner

341 - 360 of 437 Posts

·
Super Moderator (UK)
32,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Me too! Stopped at a junction this morning, powdery snow gently falling into the car and surrounding drivers looking at me like I'm mad😜. To be fair I suppose it is strange behaviour to people who don't drive convertibles!
They just do not get it.

I bet bikers do. But not all SLKers understand the fun in open air driving in snow, to be fair.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,484 Posts
I had to pick up a Venetian blind after work (well straight after my MOT which was a pass😁) so had to put the roof down and remove the wind stop.
The temperature was hovering around zero but with the heated seats, airscarf and heater on I was surprisingly toasty.
I think I will go topless more often in these temperatures........if only for the looks I get from other drivers:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,993 Posts
I had to pick up a Venetian blind after work (well straight after my MOT which was a pass😁) so had to put the roof down and remove the wind stop.
The temperature was hovering around zero but with the heated seats, airscarf and heater on I was surprisingly toasty.
I think I will go topless more often in these temperatures........if only for the looks I get from other drivers:ROFLMAO:
Yes of course, @Mugs. You have all the ingredients of top down driving 365-days a year...

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
288 Posts
and if you get tired of the other drivers looking at you then you could close the venetian blinds :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
1,993 Posts
What a difference a week makes in wintery weather...

Last week, here was my driveway... with me "driving" my snow blower battling 16" of snow packed on driveway.... as for the SLK it was pretty much snowed-in and blocked from any potential driving activity.
IMG_0965.jpg

One week later, its a beautiful, sunny, 30F, blue skies and not a whiff or snow or precipitation to worry about today. After a very busy work week, snowed-in days.... just couldn't wait to be out. So top down it was enjoying the cool, brisk wind and just being outdoors... did about 80 miles of driving... felt great. Rejuvenated, really.... Pic below is me stopping at a mall to grab coffee (Starbucks) before hitting the road again.... left my top down while parked.

IMG_1007.jpg

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
307 Posts
Well, the weather has turned, so cover stored away for now, and even though we're still in lockdown here in the UK, will start to do the weekly Sunday shopping run in the SLK, top down where possible, even if that means shopping across the passenger seat and filling the footwell. 😀

Attachments

·
7,860 Posts
Well I had my first drive in the 55 for what seems to have been forever. The car has not left the garage since before Christmas. It is such a lovely sunny day today I thought it would be great to get the car out and go on an essential journey to Colchester Football Club Stadium to get my first COVID-19 vaccination. On way home some pics.
IMG_20210221_123940_hdr.jpg
IMG_20210221_123955_hdr.jpg
IMG_20210221_124022.jpg
IMG_20210221_124034_hdr.jpg
IMG_20210221_124106_hdr.jpg

·
7,860 Posts
Great photos Martin (y)
Did you just drop the window and lay your arm nonchalantly on the top of the door or did they make you get out?
I knew the venue would have plenty of parking so no worries their and the whole thing was so efficient and professional. I hate vaccinations but it was all over in a jab.:)👍

·
1,993 Posts
Beautiful day, today... a day you gotta be outside top down regardless of temp. Blue skies, not a whiff of cloud across the entire troposphere. Just gorgeous day.

IMG_1040.jpg

Stopped at Main Street, Andover, MA for coffee and muffins...
IMG_1034.jpg

Cold and somewhat chilly day here in the northern 'burb of Boston but it was so nice I didn't need any bum or neck scarf... inside temp set to 70F was plenty good enough...

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG w/P30
126 Posts
The salt brine was finally off the roads, so it was time to go out on them. It was right around freezing so it was very comfortable with the top and windows down. The parking area was covered with patchy ice and the soil beneath the turf had the characteristics of thick grease. Taxiing the airplane, with the small tires, was very difficult as only the most gradual turns were possible. In contrast, the wide tires of the AMG rolled over the turf without sliding on the slick soil beneath. The drive home was the perfect way to unwind after the flight.

·
Super Moderator (UK)
32,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Joy of joys another shopping run (wouldn't have heard such enthusiasm a year back).
Only a small shop to run to the in-laws, so top down both ways.
Very sunny day but whatever was in the rain has left the car looking like a stainless steel kitchen counter with those horrid water marks.
Time to blast it off with the run then. (Yes, Jeff, I know. Polish, Ca duster etc etc, but not as much fun).

No need for coat, heater, airscarf, it was just so nice. Good reminder for wearing a hat in summer though.
The old bonce started to over heat. :ROFLMAO:

Took the opportunity to wander the Wirrals winding wonderland of country lanes.

In the badly abused words of Steppenwolf:

Born to be sho-o-o-pping!
Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way .

Oh yeah!

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
377 Posts
Temp went from 30ºF to 54ºF, so had to run a few 'errands'. Top down and Airscaf on. La Bête enjoy the romp in the sun....

We don't have the ocean vistas or the Medieval architecture, so you get Kansas farmland. :)

Tomorrow is in the 60ºs, so La Bête goes under the hose.

341 - 360 of 437 Posts