Mercedes SLK World banner

Who got their top down in the sun today?

94K views 2K replies 148 participants last post by  DAVIETHESCAFF 
#1 ·
Due to a technical issue the old thread with this title has merged with
'What did you do to your SLK today?'.
No posts have been lost, but despite the best efforts of the tech team
they have not been able to undo the merge.

So, this thread will now be the 'Who got their top down in the sun today?' thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Myk

#5 ·
Due to a technical issue the old thread with this title has merged with
'What did you do to your SLK today?'.
No posts have been lost, but despite the best efforts of the tech team
they have not been able to undo the merge.

So, this thread will now be the 'Who got their top down in the sun today?' thread.
Myk
RIP to our old thread, which had many SLK memory's for the Owners that posted in it....

So to re-launch our new "Who Got Their Top Down" thread, thought I'd post these pictures
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the relaxation of CV-19 rules here in England and just before the sunny Lock Down weather ended, I planned a long drive out West to finally blow the winter cobwebs from the engine..!!

First stop was one of the many car parks in the New Forest for a coffee break:

Then via some nice "B" roads, lunch stop was over looking Weymouth Bay, to see the Cruise ships that are currently parked up there....

After a walk & Ice Cream on the beach, took advantage of the late afternoon sunshine for another picture:

Working My way back East along the Juristic Coast, another good photo opportunity:

All in all, a very fine SLK "Top Down" ~200 mile day out... :cool:

#6 ·
RIP to our old thread, which had many SLK memory's for the Owners that posted in it....

So to re-launch our new "Who Got Their Top Down" thread, thought I'd post these pictures
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the relaxation of CV-19 rules here in England and just before the sunny Lock Down weather ended, I planned a long drive out West to finally blow the winter cobwebs from the engine..!!

First stop was one of the many car parks in the New Forest for a coffee break:
View attachment 579207
Then via some nice "B" roads, lunch stop was over looking Weymouth Bay, to see the Cruise ships that are currently parked up there....
View attachment 579208
After a walk & Ice Cream on the beach, took advantage of the late afternoon sunshine for another picture:
View attachment 579209
Working My way back East along the Juristic Coast, another good photo opportunity:
View attachment 579210
All in all, a very fine SLK "Top Down" ~200 mile day out... :cool:
I'm getting a real sense of deja vu here Trev :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

#15 ·
Went on a mini road trip around Suffolk and Norfolk with @Trev5 and @Mealor and visited Lowestoft and Ness Point, Gorlston and Great Yarmouth. All top down driving and the hottest day of the year. Attached is a picture taken at Ness Point.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

#27 ·
Top down drive to a Thai Restaurant (Take Out Only) for dinner pickup. Ordered some Pad Thai, Thai Basil Fried Rice, Crispy Duck with Coconut Rice, Wonton Soup, and Tom Yum...
Car seat Car seat cover Car Vehicle Auto part

#34 ·
Managed to get the top down for a little bit today when i met a few of the chaps for a trip to a very very wet yorkshire dales.
Great day out regardles of the rain...i even managed to think on my feet and turn the cars engine stright off when i hit a small....urrm puddle and coast out of it.
Thanks to the chaps for holding my bonnet open in the wind and rain while i checked the air filter for any water ingress before we swam on to tann hill.
Great fun day out
Vehicle Car Automotive design Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Vegetation Natural landscape Grass Nature reserve Tree
Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car Mid-size car
Car Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Auto part