1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
29,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a technical issue the old thread with this title has merged with
'What did you do to your SLK today?'.
No posts have been lost, but despite the best efforts of the tech team
they have not been able to undo the merge.

So, this thread will now be the 'Who got their top down in the sun today?' thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Myk

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,849 Posts
Due to a technical issue the old thread with this title has merged with
'What did you do to your SLK today?'.
No posts have been lost, but despite the best efforts of the tech team
they have not been able to undo the merge.

So, this thread will now be the 'Who got their top down in the sun today?' thread.
Myk
RIP to our old thread, which had many SLK memory's for the Owners that posted in it....

So to re-launch our new "Who Got Their Top Down" thread, thought I'd post these pictures
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the relaxation of CV-19 rules here in England and just before the sunny Lock Down weather ended, I planned a long drive out West to finally blow the winter cobwebs from the engine..!!

First stop was one of the many car parks in the New Forest for a coffee break:

Then via some nice "B" roads, lunch stop was over looking Weymouth Bay, to see the Cruise ships that are currently parked up there....

After a walk & Ice Cream on the beach, took advantage of the late afternoon sunshine for another picture:

Working My way back East along the Juristic Coast, another good photo opportunity:

All in all, a very fine SLK "Top Down" ~200 mile day out... :cool:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,098 Posts
RIP to our old thread, which had many SLK memory's for the Owners that posted in it....

So to re-launch our new "Who Got Their Top Down" thread, thought I'd post these pictures
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the relaxation of CV-19 rules here in England and just before the sunny Lock Down weather ended, I planned a long drive out West to finally blow the winter cobwebs from the engine..!!

First stop was one of the many car parks in the New Forest for a coffee break:
View attachment 579207
Then via some nice "B" roads, lunch stop was over looking Weymouth Bay, to see the Cruise ships that are currently parked up there....
View attachment 579208
After a walk & Ice Cream on the beach, took advantage of the late afternoon sunshine for another picture:
View attachment 579209
Working My way back East along the Juristic Coast, another good photo opportunity:
View attachment 579210
All in all, a very fine SLK "Top Down" ~200 mile day out... :cool:
I'm getting a real sense of deja vu here Trev :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member (Previously 2012 SLK250)
1,061 Posts
Always exciting to find new avenues with turns that open new horizons and pleasure to the eyes......... 😀

Always best when it can be done with the top down, so that one gets even wider and higher perspective.....
and enhanced pleasure 😎

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
7,021 Posts
Went on a mini road trip around Suffolk and Norfolk with @Trev5 and @Mealor and visited Lowestoft and Ness Point, Gorlston and Great Yarmouth. All top down driving and the hottest day of the year. Attached is a picture taken at Ness Point.
DSC_0193(1) (850 x 478).jpg

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
559 Posts
Went on a mini road trip around Suffolk and Norfolk with @Trev5 and @Mealor and visited Lowestoft and Ness Point, Gorlston and Great Yarmouth. All top down driving and the hottest day of the year. Attached is a picture taken at Ness Point.
View attachment 579528
Cracking pic Martin.... wish I was there mate!!!!! 👍👍👍👍

·
1,098 Posts

·
1,098 Posts
Went to the shops. Was going to fry scalp. Closed lid, tried air con. No air con. Went to mechanic. Lack of gas not the problem. 12 hour motorway drive on Sat. Hope it cools down :eek:

1 - 20 of 139 Posts