1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened again yesterday. Filling my tank up (now somewhere around
$70 for premium) and an African American gentleman gives me a smile,
lowered clinched fist, and "nice ride." I'm in my 6th yr of owning SLK's and
in Chicago, consistently it is the brothers (and sometimes sisters) who give a generous :tu: while my white compatriots don't ask the time of day. What's the deal:F)

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,365 Posts
Happened again yesterday. Filling my tank up (now somewhere around
$70 for premium) and an African American gentleman gives me a smile,
lowered clinched fist, and "nice ride." I'm in my 6th yr of owning SLK's and
in Chicago, consistently it is the brothers (and sometimes sisters) who give a generous :tu: while my white compatriots don't ask the time of day. What's the deal:F)
In my experience I have found that African Americans are much more complimentary about other people's cars than other groups are. As a result when I see someone with a nice car that they have taken care of I give them a 'nice car' and :tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
I get the :tu: from different people. No one group more than the other.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
We just returned from a trip to the Ozarks. Drove around in Missouri and Arkansas. Loved the drive in Arkansas. Lots of turns and ups and downs and almost NOBODY else on the roads. We hardly saw any towns or homes along most of the way. At one point coming around a curve there was a little opening for someone's yard and I could see 2 young girls sitting so as to watch the cars go buy. Talk about not having much for entertainment. As we drove by one of the girls shouted out, "I LIKE your car!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.