Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Typical British White Van Man. I passed him a couple of miles back. Next thing he undertakes me. Invades my safety zone and doesnt even signal. Then tailgates the car in front then indicates and pulls back in a slows down. They disengage their brains when they get into a white van

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
well my ride out was a shocker to jon,they have a time trial bike ride on the a63 this morning. i am in the outside lane at 60mph enjoying the sun next thing car infront slams on.not a problem as i have a nice gap and then you have it a old chap ( old people again ) in a landy with caravan has driven over one of the bikers :mad:. i dont get it people in hi viz tops all over the place timeing and fillming and this prat just slams into the poor guy.

it did not look good from what i could see even less so when i got home and had a look on my dash cam.

will not be posting it as its not nice,really hope the guy is ok.
thinking 60mph+landy+caravan ontop of bike = not good. will check on local news tonight.

Saying all that it does seam stupid to run it on the a63 :confused:

Reactions: JonB

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,961 Posts
I've got to get me one of those! Jon, that's so cool!

It's so strange to be driving on the left with traffic coming toward you on the right...In your subdivision I was automatically leaning to the right the whole time just in case of an oncoming car!:biglaugh:

What lane do you pass in? It looks like you have no defined passing lane (sort of what we have here lol)!

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
Well Jon, I enjoyed it, thanks. Impressive video quality, I just may HAVE to bite on one of those.

·
3,730 Posts
just checked news says a63 closed and will not reopen untill at least 3pm today! that does not sound good

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I had to remove the clip I had forgotten the mic was on and I was annoyed with the bloke.

We pass on the right MK or should I say thats what we are supposed to do. The only exception is on a one way street or in slow moving traffic where one lane is crawling more slowly than the other. Unfortunately 99% of van drivers here are total A******

·
3,730 Posts
update .the poor guy died in the crash :mad:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
that's really very sad...

JohnB...glad to see you back.. thought you were on holiday (insert Wallace and Grommet voice)

can you send the video via email please?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I will pm you the link
Me too please!!!

The air in my car was blue today when I went shopping, so I know where you are coming from. I will watch the footage back to amuse myself (and my daughter who was with me) but I won't share it here with sound.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me too please!!!

The air in my car was blue today when I went shopping, so I know where you are coming from. I will watch the footage back to amuse myself (and my daughter who was with me) but I won't share it here with sound.
OK I havent heard it myself but I am heard to swear so I am told so fair warning :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts