Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at Hooters in Spring TX today checking out the local Corvette Clubs get together, and wouldn't you know it, there was a white Kompressor parked right in the front (you know, where I was going to put my 320! :biglaugh: ) I hung around for a bit to see if I could catch the owner, but they didn't show, and I had to leave.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
It wasn't me. Just wanted to say welcome hou1tsj.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Not the typical place for a first post...but it is original! :tu:

Welcome to SLKWorld hou1tsj!! Enjoy your stay and post often!

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Yeah, I too drove by there and got a qiuck glimps of the white SLK. I kinda thought it was odd, him sitting in MY PARKING SPOT at HOOTERS!!!!:tazz:

When I went back later, the car was gone.

The Vette shows there are very popular. I get lots of lookers and compliments from them when I show up with my SLK as an on looker.

We should start a monthly SLK show there like the Vette club! :rb

Whatchya think?

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We should start a monthly SLK show there like the Vette club! :rb

Whatchya think?

Actually, I went by there when they were first setting up, and was just slowly rolling past taking a look at the Vettes that were there, and the guy flagged me over. He told me they do the street meet there on the third Sunday of the month and that all cars were welcome. So I guess we could go take over a corner at their meet if we wanted! :) (It wasn't until I went back to a hour or so later to see the rest of the Vettes that the white SLK was parked in MY spot! :burnout: )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess since I started this thread, I am not really hijacking it :) but I have also noticed a bronze-ish looking 350 in the next parking lot over from Hooters, by the Bike Line store a few times. Never noticed too many SLKs around, but now that I got one, it seems like they are coming out of the woodwork! Or maybe I am just more observant now?? hmmmmm

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Yep, seems like you can't throw a rock without hitting one around here. LOL

Like you, I have been seeing more and more of them.

I'm there at the next event! That would be the 20th of May.

I am usually there Tues on double punch ticket day. :bannana:

Hope to see ya there!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Cool, I will make it a point to go on the 20th as well! (Though I will verify that with a Hooters employee, since the guy said the do it on the third Sunday of the month that they meet. Given that it was the second Sunday that they were there when he told me!!)

I am usually there on Fridays so I can flirt with my favorite waitress! :biglaugh:

(Actually, I am there several times a week during crawfish season so I can get my fill before they are gone again!)

I'm there at the next event! That would be the 20th of May.

I am usually there Tues on double punch ticket day. :bannana:

Hope to see ya there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts