Which wheels??

• Multi spoke deep dish?

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Mesh design deep dish?

Votes: 5 62.5%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

* Registered - From UK
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me please! 馃槱 I鈥檓 struggling to decide what wheels to get. So I鈥檓 in much need of your opinions. Below is my car along with the two style of wheels. Please vote above........ Thanks

Multi spoke deep dish.........

Mesh design deep dish....

* Registered - From UK
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apart from the colour, extra spokes and dish depth.....
Believe me when I say this, I鈥檝e spent hours trying to find those wheels however not had any luck.
Also IMO they sit out to far for my liking. silver rims I don鈥檛 think suit my car due to the colour mine is which is why I鈥檓 going for black rims 馃構

Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
Others may be able to search (or have more luck) for you if you provide a budget/colour/style(s)/etc.

* Registered - From UK
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's a set of 18" 10 spoke black with diamond cut SLK 55 wheels sitting on ebay UK right now but no dish.
I would be interested but I want to stick with 17鈥漚s I鈥檝e been advised 18鈥 on a R170 are not exactly practical

Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
18"s on any SLK of any year would look great... maybe if you are into a comfort ride and easy boulevard cruising, then you are better off on 16s and 17s... However, if you have any interest in your sport-lux R17x delivering some sort of sporty ride and handling, then those 18s would deliver this in spades with slightly wider rims and slightly lower profile tires.

There is so much made into concerns for wheel upsizing and some are just myths....

Why not go test drive a R170 on 18s and one on 17s to confirm if the warning about upsizing is real or imagined...

My R172 came with AMG 18s and I am riding on AMG 19s... MB builds these convertibles to handle up to 20s as you'll find in the AMG GT, SLR, SLS, etc... sure these are bigger cars with bigger motors, but our R17x SLKs can sure handle up to 19s with aplomb...

Reactions: SLK_cheeky_Chal

* Registered - From UK
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
18"s on any SLK of any year would look great... maybe if you are an older generation and need comfort and boulevard cruising only, then stick to 16s and 17s... However, if you have any interest in sportier ride and better handling, then 18s would suit yours plenty good as well.

There is so much made into concerns for wheel upsizing and many are just myths....

Why not go test drive a R170 on 18s and one on 17s to confirm if the warning about upsizing is real or imagined...
My original plans was to fit 18鈥 wheels with Bilstein 30mm suspension kit but was advised against it as it鈥檚 a very hard ride and causes other issues. See my previous thread below. This is why I changed my mind. As 18鈥 with standard suspension I thought would sit to high?? 馃馃槷

Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
If you update your profile with the city you live in (England doesn't quite cut it), you may find someone here who lives near you and be able to help "in person" so to speak (at least, if you're not in lock down at the time 馃槈 )

Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
18s would be fine on your R170 and will not sit too high unless you fit a too-tall tire. Below shows what will fit on yours (granted it isn't a 320, but they are similar in specs)

R170 SLK320 rims and tires.jpg

Premium Member 2012 SLK350
Since these wheels are made for the SLK...I rather like the 1st one...

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

* Registered - From UK
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just to let you all know, mesh deep dish won the race and the decision is final 馃榿 they should be arriving sometime next week 馃構

1 - 20 of 21 Posts