Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,097 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

if i'd have known there was going to be a quiz, i would have studied. lol!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheels

Thanks for the info. The XFire uses larger wheels in the rear. Has anyone done this on their SLK 320 / SLK32 AMG?

XFire standard wheels;

• Front tires: 225/40ZR18
• Front wheel size: 18 X 7.5 inches
• Rear tires: 255/35ZR19
• Rear wheel size: 19 X 9 inches

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thanks for the info. The XFire uses larger wheels in the rear. Has anyone done this on their SLK 320 / SLK32 AMG?

XFire standard wheels;

• Front tires: 225/40ZR18
• Front wheel size: 18 X 7.5 inches
• Rear tires: 255/35ZR19
• Rear wheel size: 19 X 9 inches
255/35/19 has a diameter of 26 inches, 245/40/17 (stock rear size for SLK32) has a diameter of 24.7 inches. I am guessing 255/35/19 would rub on an SLK without rolling the fenders. Plus I wouldnt want that extra diameter effecting speedo/odometer. I wouldnt want the extra tire weight either.

255/30/19's have a diameter of 25 inches. If I "had" to have 19 inch wheels on the rear, I would chose this size. Plus the tire weight is less than 255/35/19.

Not sure what offset Xfire wheels have, so not sure if the xfire 19x9 wheels would rub anything on an SLK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.