Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, but sometimes it's nice to see a thread that is to the point and specific. I'm a big time DIY guy, so I want to buy the DAS/STAR system if that's what I need for my new Benz. I like to play... I'm working on getting up to speed on the car itself so I bought an eBay DVD service manual last night that claims to cover all Mercedes in detail. $16. The screen shots looked promising so we'll see as far as that goes. More importantly, I want to be able to go into the programming and become well versed in that.
I saw all kinds of systems for sale from DVD based through buying it loaded on a laptop already. The prices were across the boards also. What is the current suggestion on what I should buy or not buy?

Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hi,

You cannot do Programming with a Clone, unless it is pre 2012 Software, this has the ECU Files on it, for later Cars / SDS s/w you need Server Subscription with MB.

You can however do Version Coding, Guided Diagnostic, Developer Mode stuff and much much more ;)

My new system will do Online Programming up to 12/2017 :)

HTH,

Cheers Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts