Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whick one would you garage? Just finjished detailing the Merc with the intention of leaving it outside in the sea air, rain and dust where it ususally sits.

IMG_20200416_112500.jpg

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,402 Posts
If a roof drops, it stays outside.
If I get a chance to drive in the sun for shopping/care I want to take advantage of my SLK.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
3,889 Posts
I too would leave the merc outside. If you take out the GTR you can almost bet you’ll be pulled over by the police at the moment.
Are you also a member of the GTR owner s club?
If so, you may know my mate “jonnyboyz’ - he has one of the first imported into the uk.....V23 GTR?

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,619 Posts
Obviously a Double Quad garage is the answer, with a nice workshop at the back....!!!

But back in the real world here in the UK where most garages are to small for modern cars...
So depends which You plan to try & keep in good condition the longest...??
The advantage of keeping a car garaged, is the lower UV damage to the paintwork & Interior (y)

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously a Double Quad garage is the answer, with a nice workshop at the back....!!!

But back in the real world here in the UK where most garages are to small for modern cars...
So depends which You plan to try & keep in good condition the longest...??
The advantage of keeping a car garaged, is the lower UV damage to the paintwork & Interior (y)
Yeah, we did have the space for a double garage but at the time we had a caravan so parked it on a concrete hard standing Too late now to extend the garage. Best we could do would be a lean-to but the other half would even countenance it. From May 1st the GTR will be sorn'd and the Merc back on the road. Cani't give up having the top down, even if it's just for a shopping trip.?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts