Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So This weekend i had a dreaded top problem. My top went down fine, we drove to a drive in, it started to drizzle and so I went to put the top up, and the trunk opened but the top did not go up. when i went to put the trunk back down the button started to blink and the trunk stayed up. The hydraulics are working fine with no leaks, so i know that this is not the problem. That leads to the lock cyclendar in the roof not working correctly(?) or a microswitch. I have the top up manually, but I need to get it fixed an am willing to go to in Indy shop to have it fixed right, i just want to give them something to start with.

first of all could it be a problem with the roof lock actuator getting stuck in the locked position when the top os down?

which Microswitch would give me this problem?

any help would be great so I can cut down on the labor rate of diagnosing the problem with the top. If its something easy I wouldnt mind doing it myself.

Also how would you go about getting the roof to work again automaticly?

As always your help is wonderful.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd start with the 'trunk open' switch. It's fairly easy to get to on the right hand side by the tail light.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It would have if the switch failed on that cycle. I assume all was working fine until you put the top down?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well sparadocically it had issues going down, but I attributed those to the microswitches in the roof and greased those and seemed to work..

How do I test that switch now with the top manually up?

Thanks for the good insight.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
becuase at first the top just had some sparodic issues going down, and never going up, then i lubed the roof microswitches, and then twice it had the issue of not coming back up, the second being the time that i had to do it manually.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took it in to my Indy guy, and he hooked it up to the computer. There was just a simple fauly code for low voltage. He said ti was caused by the top using to much power with the engine not running, which causes random fault to keep the top from working. i never got the exact code number, but I have used it now for a week and no problems since then. It was a lot cheaper than replacing all microswitches and still having problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.