Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which is the latest OEM Mercedes Bluetooth puck? Which is the newest version compatible for use in my 2005 SLK350 and an iPhone 6s Plus? I have seen three versions on eBay being offered for sale B67875878, B67876131 and B6788000 and read through several posts but still confused and many posts are very old so not sure what's current.

Also, my car has no option 386 or 387 code yet looks like it is prewired for a cellphone cradle (see pic). I know I won't be able to stream music but if I add a puck and given I have the option 530 / 531 Command options will I get Bluetooth pairing and handfree use of my iPhone 6s Plus?

Finally, in glove box I also have what looks like a 1/8" phono connection next to the CD changer which worst case I could use to connect my phone and send music via aux. A CD changer which by the way must go as takes up 90% of the glove box!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Having read your post I'm probably like most in that I haven't a clue what you are talking about. My iPhone 6 pairs with the command 20, it receives my texts/sms it reads them for me when I use lingutronic. It plays my music from the phone via Bluetooth it shows my contacts call lists and I can programme 10 most pop no's. Perhaps instead of using codes etc you could state what you want it to do and what it actually does. I'm not being rude I just want to help if poss.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,239 Posts
Pic shows MHI/UHI connector that is mandatory and usually comes with option 386/387.
Scroll through the different menus in the MFD, if you see the telephone menu it's probably retrofitted.
MB's mobile comm website shows B6788000 as latest version.
http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/gb/en/r171:2004-03:2008-03/deviceselection/~hfp
However only iPhone 5 is shown as supported but I believe other members have reported that the 6(S) works flawless with this cradle. Maybe one of them cam confirm this.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,239 Posts
Having read your post I'm probably like most in that I haven't a clue what you are talking about. My iPhone 6 pairs with the command 20, it receives my texts/sms it reads them for me when I use lingutronic. It plays my music from the phone via Bluetooth it shows my contacts call lists and I can programme 10 most pop no's. Perhaps instead of using codes etc you could state what you want it to do and what it actually does. I'm not being rude I just want to help if poss.
You have a R172 which is about 8 years younger and a totally different beast.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Pic shows MHI/UHI connector that is mandatory and usually comes with option 386/387.
Scroll through the different menus in the MFD, if you see the telephone menu it's probably retrofitted.
MB's mobile comm website shows B6788000 as latest version.
SLK-Class Roadster (03.2004 - 03.2008) » Convenience Telephony HFP Module | Device Selection @ Mercedes-Benz Connectivity
However only iPhone 5 is shown as supported but I believe other members have reported that the 6(S) works flawless with this cradle. Maybe one of them cam confirm this.
My iPhone 6 works well with my MB OEM puck. :tu:

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
IIRC, for North American model year 2005 R171, whatever is the latest MHI Bluetooth puck found in wireless4MB.com website should be fine.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Which puck version do you have on your car?
I'm not sure of the version or model number, but here's a picture of it:

I'll let you know if I manage to find out the version number somehow...

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Thanks! Here's my version then...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pictures and confirmation they work with iPhone 6 guys. My car seems to definitely be prewired based on menu in comand and plug. I might have a lead on one of those Bluetooth pucks locally going to try to follow through on tomorrow. I'm planning on getting iPhone 7 when released in Sept us just trying to get newest one I can.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,848 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and confirmation they work with iPhone 6 guys. My car seems to definitely be prewired based on menu in comand and plug. I might have a lead on one of those Bluetooth pucks locally going to try to follow through on tomorrow. I'm planning on getting iPhone 7 when released in Sept us just trying to get newest one I can.
I took the extra 'm' out of comand for you. No, no need to thank me :D

Cockpit Management and Data system - COMAND for short

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick question I have already "searched" for but cannot seem to find a satisfactory answer to. What exactly is the difference between Mercedes UHI vs. MHI? I keep reading one is US spec (MHI) and one is European spec (UHI) but I can't seem to find any information on what is technically or actually different. I have a lead on a Bluetooth puck locally but it is a B6788000 which is apparently European spec and therefore UHI. Also, seemingly the B6788000 is actually the latest Bluetooth puck released for my car by Mercedes-Benz and from my research has enhanced Bluetooth stack and addresses some issue with phone book / contact handling.

Anyone in the US running this Bluetooth puck successfully or should I just stick with the older B67876131?

P.s. WTF does Mercedes-Benz make Bluetooth so complicated!!!!

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
Quick question I have already "searched" for but cannot seem to find a satisfactory answer to. What exactly is the difference between Mercedes UHI vs. MHI? I keep reading one is US spec (MHI) and one is European spec (UHI) but I can't seem to find any information on what is technically or actually different. I have a lead on a Bluetooth puck locally but it is a B6788000 which is apparently European spec and therefore UHI. Also, seemingly the B6788000 is actually the latest Bluetooth puck released for my car by Mercedes-Benz and from my research has enhanced Bluetooth stack and addresses some issue with phone book / contact handling.

Anyone in the US running this Bluetooth puck successfully or should I just stick with the older B67876131?

P.s. WTF does Mercedes-Benz make Bluetooth so complicated!!!!
Will the seller allow returns if the B6788000 does not work to your satisfaction?

I think the B6788000 will work.

FYI: For Mercedes-Benz, if it is simple, it is not happening. (as Dan from UK would say)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well fingers crossed pulled trigger on the B67880000 Bluetooth module hoping it works with my iPhone 6 plus. I pick it up tomorrow along with an upgraded 2014 Navigation DVD guy is throwing into the deal. So fingers crossed and I will be sure to post result.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, here we go picked up puck today plugged tin and and NOTHING!
I get no power at all no blue light nothing. So, maybe its a bad puck or it does not work in this car.

Going to try and mess around with it more open to ideas. I took pictures and car is definitely prewired and everything seems intact.

On a more positive note the the GoPint Technology BT1 bluetooth OBDII reader is working great with paired with Dash Command app on my phone.

http://www.amazon.com/GoPoint-Techn...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
OK, here we go picked up puck today plugged tin and and NOTHING!
I get no power at all no blue light nothing. So, maybe its a bad puck or it does not work in this car.
. . . . .
Are you sure there's no blue light, because in the photo it looks like I see the blue light (perhaps just an illusion in the photo). I've marked the button you have to press and hold to start the pairing process, and the blue I see is in the centre of that 'button'):

I've also attached a PDF copy of the pairing instructions I have too...

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,239 Posts
What Dave says.
It should work, had the same in my previous car. Sometimes you have to use a little force to slide it far enough on the connector.
If it is correctly seated there should be a blue light on the cradle. Can't remember if it was in the middle or at the bottom.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I seated it till it I clicked and the blue line in the picture is a painted line to show you that this is where to push to pair. The actual blue led would be in the middle just above the word Bluetooth.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I seated it till it I clicked and the blue line in the picture is a painted line to show you that this is where to push to pair. The actual blue led would be in the middle just above the word Bluetooth.
Yes, you're right (sorry), the blue light would be in the middle (as can be seen in the photo of my bluetooth puck in my post #8 above)...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.